Tuesday, October 4, 2011

social hour

Day 2 went well.  I wish I could see the money I made for the past two days, because I'm pretty excited to have an income!

Today I met a very nice lady at HR training which was a Godsend.  I guess all things happen for a reason...so I suppose all the traffic lights going out on my way to work making my 5-8 min ride to work now 25 min making me 3 minutes late was on purpose.  I got to sit next to her and as we visited we learned that we have very similar stories.  Her husband too, passed away from cancer young (not as young as Brian but young).  We talked about our stories and how we both are learning to deal and move on.  It was a relief because she consoled me on my decision to pick up and move and start over.  Although, her situation didn't allow her to change cities she changed jobs that helped guide her in healing, something I wish I can get from this experience. 

I have officially decided that running outside is like playing a game of frogger.  Dodging traffic and BIG dogs due to the lack of sidewalks I guess adds an extra element to working out....brief periods of intense cardio.  I did find one neighborhood close to mine that has a sidewalk....apparently this is where everyone goes because there were like 20 people walking around the small block, while reading books.  Walking is hard enough for me let alone adding an additional task of reading.   YIKES.

I haven't ventured out a lot yet, mostly due to my lack of time.  My classes are keeping pretty much nestled in my desk at home and work wears me out! Sadly, I will be home the next few weekends so I'm not sure when I will explore.  I'm taking applications for personal tour guides!

No comments:

Post a Comment