Sunday, April 17, 2011

FOOTBALL

Oh what a week and weekend.  It has been so long since I've been on...oops broke my last statement about trying to be more consistent.  I'm not even sure what I did the rest of the week last week after golf.  It clearly did not top golfing with the retirees. 

Friday night I caught a movie with a friend followed by drinks at Champs at the mall.  Brian and I would do this often....usually because I never make previews at movies so Brian would A) tell me the movie started an hour before it really did so we would be there so early or B) we would miss the movie and have to wait till 8pm to catch the next show.  Either way we would have to grab a Blue Moon at Champs.  We saw the movie "Win Win".  Highly recommend, it was very good. 

Saturday night I went to the Barnstormers game.   The Barnstormer's are an arena football team in Des Moines, for all of you not from Des Moines.  Big news for us is that a former Iowa QB has returned to play in IA for the Barnstormers.  He also happens to be my favorite Iowa QB, Brad Banks.  Brian said he was in his top 4 but Chuck Long was number 1.  I sat right by the bench so all game I got to see the team go in and out, I got to hear the plays, I got to see sweat dripping down their faces. AWESOME.  It was so much fun, and has me now excited for IOWA football.  Too bad I have to wait 4 months. GRRR. It was such an intense game but in the end Iowa lost by 1 point, ahhh, the plague of missed point after's....it must be the state of Iowa. 

Today I went out, in between rain showers, to play some tennis.  I will be honest, I probably wont be facing Serena Williams anytime soon in the British Open or Wimbledon.   AHHHH I'm horrible at tennis.  I spent majority of the time running after balls I missed or making my partner run out of the court to get the balls I hit over the wall.  OOPS!  Tennis looks so easy on TV, it is definitely not easy in real life.  The 16 year olds next to us were laughing at my ability to miss every shot, it was a real positive!  I guess I got a work out in. 

Overall a pretty spectacular weekend.  No complaints, no worries, no stress, no thoughts on the past. 

2 comments:

  1. And life goes on.....I am sure the stars were bright and twinkling... you go girl!
    Hugs,
    Aunt Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for your wonderful week/end with more to come...Brian is for sure smiling down on you!
    J'nee

    ReplyDelete