Friday, February 18, 2011

1000 + mall rats

Well day number 10 of 1000+ hits on the blog. We, I mean, I am becoming very popular in the entire Continent of Asia and the country of Canada (Bieber fever no more it is STACEY FEVER). HOLA. I think it is because there are Hawkeye pictures on here and Asians love themselves some IOWA. Remember that Asian girl band two years ago who featured a Hawkeye helmet in the music video? And Canada, who knows why but it is ok with me.

You all keep emailing telling me how inspiring you think I am. I don't think so. I'm pretty inspired by everyone other then me. What inspires me is my late husband who was always so positive, who loved life, even all the curve balls we got. My mother in law, who after experiencing all this could still turn to God for love, peace, comfort, and strength. My older sister who puts everyone else first before herself. My little sister who has always done anything she could to help- before, during, and after all this. My parents who have given up a lot for their kids, so that we could have a pretty great life. One of my best friends who finds the words to give me strength, who opens her arms for me, who helps me carve a new path. Furthermore, all of you are inspiring. I have met only a handful of the people who have supported Brian and I during this journey. You have opened your hearts, your arms, and your prayers to Brian and I. That is pretty inspiring. I don't know you, will more then likely never know you, but yet you donated to us, sent us cards, sent us emails. Don't turn to me for inspiration, look in the mirror, you are pretty great too!


Now the sarcastic part...come on did you really think I wouldn't have anything sarcastic to say? It is how i heal, sarcasim.

Now to the mall rats. I have to share this Because it was one of the few highlights to my day, wait week. Well today I did it, I took steps out of the house. I showered, did my HAIR*, put jeans on, even a nice shirt and thought heck lets get out of here. I went to Best Buy walked around, don't ask me why but I did. I was pretty close to playing Rock Band by myself. LAME. I then ran an errand to target and decided well while I'm at it lets just go to the mall. I walked into a mall full of teenage crazed high schooler's. I forgot it was state wrestling...every Des Moines resident should just stay home till Sunday. Between the rah rah of cheerleaders and hormone raged boys I managed to get one group of 15 year old's to yell you're HOT. At first I was like hmmm I appreciate that compliment because my jeans had something else to say today. Then as I walked away I thought oh crap I'm definitely ending up on some kind of list- I just appreciated a compliment from a boy whose jeans were way tighter then mine, whose hair was way more golden then mine, and whose face was in much better shape then mine (dear side effects from stress you can please leave now). After that incident I thought if I bought a new pair of shoes my morale would be better. So I found a sweet deal on some sweet shoes, $10 flats to be exact. I was pretty stoked but my sister reminded me while we were getting drinks tonight that I'm single and while Soccer Mom flats may be comfortable, aren't sending out any good vibes. Tomorrow I will be returning to DSW for the red heels that were also on sale- way less comfortable. I will have to add, while we were getting drinks in my new flats, we were offered free appetizers. THANK YOU BOB, I will more then likely not be using you as my insurance agent even though you bought me lettuce wraps. Brian, while I did ask you to send me some new friends, this is not what I had in mind.

When I was sifting through shirts at Forever 21, I kept thinking man I drew the short stick on this deal. Brian gets to sit up there having fun- I'm pretty sure Heaven is way more fun then down here- bouncing around on clouds, walking on streets of gold, and I'm stuck in a mall with teenagers. AHHHH. I hate being stuck down here to deal with life. I think most people are scared about death, but after this past week, I know where Brian is there is no pain, no suffering, no sadness, no grieving. I'm in worse shape then him now. That is pretty amazing. Although, according to all Iowan's, "in heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here." So in honor of Brian and his love to indulge in a little hops and barley I will toast to him tonight.

5 comments:

  1. Stace, the pants that kid was wearing were called jeggins. Conan Obrien wore them thus they must be cool! The hair more golden than yours...well I am not for sure about that. I will join in that toast to Brian! A big ziggy zaggy to you buddy, I miss you!
    PS I am glad to hear you enjoyed New Adventures of Old Christine. It is fantastic! I don't care if everyone in Asian and Canada know that. The more the merrier!

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. I raise my Miller Lite to u and B as well. Luv ya NK

    ReplyDelete
  3. NK,
    Try not to use any smart boards tonight or this weekend. Still laughing at that story. I'm staying away from all jailbait:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whether you choose to believe you inspire many of us can remain in debate for as long as it takes you to realize just "how much you do inspire us truly"! YOU AMAZE ME and I can see why Brian loved you so much, he's doing his magic from heaven and will continue to do so as it is now his job to keep watch over you. I think he is doing an outstanding job thus far. KEEP IT UP! Anytime you want to sound off, please do and when you have a good day we want to hear all about it! God's blessings to you Stacey!

    Love you!

    Cousin Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have an adventurous week ahead....we want more stories!

    Love ya!

    The Virginians

    ReplyDelete