Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thank You All

First, I want to apologize for taking so long to post something. All of your outpouring has literally left me speechless. I sat for a few days wondering where to begin. I know the following is not enough to express my gratitude but it is all I could do without drowning in all my tears of JOY!

I would like to thank you all for your support, thoughts, and prayers. It has brought me to tears and am truly touched by how many people have come together to support Brian (and I) during this journey. He is so Lucky, as well as I, to have been blessed with so many people who care about us.

His diagnosis was a huge shock, but he has responded very positively to the situation. He is eager to start chemo and beat this! We are still waiting for the official diagnosis as to what type of lymphoma from Mayo (if you work there can tell them to hurry up that would be appreciated). As soon as Mayo gets back to us we can start treatment. Yesterday Brian had a bone marrow biopsy to confirm that it is in his bone marrow. Once that comes back he will have an official stage (we are predicting stage 3 according to the PET scan). Next week Brian will have a chemo port surgically inserted so that chemo and radiation treatments will be easier on him. Please continue to pray for him as every step brings something new.

I can't wait till Brian finds out he will be so inspired by you all and ready to battle this head on.

Once again I cannot thank you enough for everything. Being a newly wed and a young adult hearing news like this was devastating however with all the encouragement we have received we have been able to stay positive and live every day as if it was..."The best damn day." -OAR

Love,
Stacey Pritchard

I want to leave you with this thought.
Brian in bed last night turned to me and said,
"You know what, people shouldn't feel sorry for me. I don't feel sorry for me. I have a great wife, 2 great families, and many friends that pray for me, send me emails, text me, send me cards, and people who just love me. People should feel sorry for the people who don't have that."

I can't say this enough, THANK YOU for everything!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten to know you, Brian, but if you are anything like your mom and dad you are one super guy. Jay and I both pray that you will keep that upbeat attitude and trust in the Lord that he will see you through this. Love, Jay and Jo Ann Clausen(high school friends of your mom and dad)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking of you and praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you both so much! You two are an inspiration to us!
    Love Mom & Dad Harter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your support I appreciate it all. I can't say thank you enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian and Stacey,
    We the Zieser family are praying for you, reading Brian's last paragrasph brought tears to my eyeas, he is so true we are not feeling sorry for him, we are proud of him, he is an inspiration to many of us.
    God bless and make you heal soon.
    Love, Gloria Zieser and family

    ReplyDelete