Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chocolate popsicles

Thanks for the prayers, comments, words of encouragement etc. We continue to ask for more.
Brian's fevers continue to come on so I don't think he will be leaving the hospital anytime soon. He has accepted this and understands there is really nothing he can do.

We bought him a new video game so hopefully that ties him over for the weekend. I might have to get a few more if he stays in another week that really is the only thing that kills time while I'm at work. One can only watch daytime TV for so long...and he has seen all the nature documentaries he can on netflix :).

Today Brian met with the infectious disease doctor so hopefully as they do more tests we can come up with some answers. Also, today Brian was able to visit with his parents. I think it helped for him to have company for the day. They brought us a lot of goodies to add to his snack bag (he already opened a few of them). They bought Brian and I lunch and dinner which was very appreciated. Brian refuses to eat hospital food...I don't blame him, so we try to bring him in food to eat. We brought some food from home but I'm not home to cook so it is easier to bring stuff in. Tomorrow I have the day off so I will have time to run home and get more clothes, etc.

Brian's special friend told him to try chocolate Popsicles...the hospital didn't have any. We did however have vanilla ice cream with M&M's. Brian LOVED it and his fever went down for a bit. So then he had vanilla ice cream with peanut butter cup mixed in.

Hopefully the weekend brings relaxation and relief. Thanks for everything!!!

8 comments:

  1. Vanilla ice cream wtih M&M's may be the best ice cream out there, great choice.

    I'll be back in DM Sunday, and I'll be sure to stop down to see you.

    Go Ravens, go Jets (I know, you don't like them, but you can't pull for the Pats), go Seahawks, and of course, GO PACKERS!

    Have a good weekend buddy, feel better!

    - Quam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you all the energy we can to help ward off those evil fevers!

    Hope you guys have an uneventful weekend!

    Hugs and prayers!

    Aunt Amy and Uncle Denny

    ReplyDelete
  3. We continue to pray and think of you daily. You are one tough dude to put up with all of this. I know God is helping you through as he is me. Thankful that we both have such tremendous support groups. Keep us the fight and consider yourself and Stacey hugged. Love, The Clausens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care. Miss you.
    That ice cream sounds good.
    God bless you.
    Love,
    Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning-
    Hope your ears are ringing! Since Shane and I have been talking about you and praying for you.

    Maybe a bomb pop would blast those fevers out of ya - at least they are Luke's favorite - a bit drippy though, so get a bib :) .

    I texted Stacey this morning- we have the weekend off from hockey so Shane and I would love to visit; but know that could be too much too, so just let us know. Maybe we could smuggle in some Joes Crabs.

    Love ya - enjoy the games this afternoon.
    Many prayers,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to here the fever wont break for you buddy. You may just need more cowbell, jk.

    My CI asked me about the Just try and ruin my day braclet and I told him about you. He said that was a great saying. I couldn't agree more you inspire me everyday buddy. Hang in there, better days are ahead. I miss you guys!

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOSH! The hospital food must have really gone down hill since my stay there. I LOVED it, but then I had it in my mind I had to eat or I would not get better and get out of there. The pizza there was very good and they had a really yummy chicken casserole that Icould not get enough of, they also Had a really good HUGE tenerloin. I so hope the infectious doctor can bring you some answers. It is good to hear you are exercising to avoid clots. The walking does sound much better then the gizmos they had on you. I didn't like them much either. It sounds like another round of NASTY weather is heading towards us so I anricipate being stuck in for a few days. I contionue to think of you daily and I received a note from Rose yesterday and how I wish I were in AZ at this time. I love AZ. Stay safe and prayers for improvement this week.

    Love to all,

    Cousin Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for blogging to keep us all up to date. You are such an inspiration. You are always in our thoughts. Go away fever!

    Dave and Barb--MN

    ReplyDelete