Thursday, March 31, 2011

I did it, I did it

Most people would not be as excited as I am to report this, but I'm ecstatic that after weeks of effort I have WON!  I think I have finally got the smell of urine out of the carpet.  Let me remind you of my dilemma.  The  last week Brian was at home his body was failing and he started to lose control of his bodily functions.  One night I think he had trouble with his urinal (towards the end I just had him sleep on towels) and urine got all over the living room carpet (too much info.????).  For months...I have smelled nothing but urine when I watch TV.  I want to remember Brian for certain scents, for instance his cologne (sometimes I will spray it on one of his favorite shirts and wear it to bed...creepy perhaps but it makes me 'feel' him), however, I really don't want to smell his urine daily.  THANK GOODNESS I finally found an answer.  Baking soda...my vacuum will be sucking up baking for the next 5 years I swear.  But it worked! 

Sometimes you have to celebrate the small things in life.  Brian would refer to these small victories as 'SPV's'  small personal victories.  Today carpet 0 Stacey 1---SPV!  Other SPV's to note: the security guard at the hospital I'm currently working at (also was there last summer) commented that my hair cut looks very nice on me and suits me well.  He had to take a new picture for my ID badge since I lost 11 inches of hair since my last ID badge.  I enjoyed the compliment from the random security guard.  SPV!  You have to enjoy the small things in life.... it is easy to forget the small things that make life great when all you do is focus on the big ones. Celebrating the small things makes you continually find joy in life and smile.  You should have joy everyday, not just on special occasions, there is too much to be thankful and glad for. 

Not sure what is in store for me for the weekend...but I'm sure I will find a way to smile and just have fun.

 I've been told my posts are way to long so I've been trying to cut them down...it has become easier since I dumped hot tea on my laptop and the keys stick...FRUSTRATING.  My lap top and I have a love-hate relationship.  Brian would always tease me about it.  I get frustrated with it frequently, I think it is God's test for me to develop patience.  In other updates, I know your minds have been racing wondering if I'm eating...yep I still am.  In fact I indulged a little to much on Wed. for Doctor Appreciation Day at the hospital- Ice cream sundae bar anyone?  Also, I think the High Life's are catching up to me.

9 comments:

  1. I don't care how long your posts are...I really enjoy reading them. There is so much insight and passion in them. Write as much as you need to help you get through.
    Hugs!
    Aunt Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey-
    You are amazing! Your posts make me smile, make me reflect and sometimes make me cry. Brian would be so proud of you!!! You have so many special gifts, and one of them is definitely your ability to put your thoughts into words. Thanks for sharing them with the rest of us!!! Let's get dinner scheduled sometime soon. I miss you!
    -Cindy Mather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too long at all. I wish they were longer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's unanimous - not too long. People don't need to read them if they are too long, or not all at once. You are a constant source of amazement, and I should come to expect nothing but stellar from you - but that would make you average and you are so not the average person. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacey -

    I'm in the group of thinking your posts need to be longer, much longer. I can only kill about 2 or 3 minutes of time at working reading this blog. Basically, the longer the post, the longer till I have to get back to work!

    See you soon!

    - Quam

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Your hair is adorable!
    2. Too Long? Get real... if someone doesn't like them they can always exit! (Nice for get the hell out of her blog!) You write as much and as often as you feel like it girl! You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for those SPV's!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think they are to short and YEAH for SPV. I don't know you or any of your family came across your blog and got sucked it. Keep it up your amazing. Also I am so sorry for your loss.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete