Sunday, March 27, 2011

lullaby

So Brian put this song on like 10 different Cd's and I listened to it a lot on my road trip to  Tennessee.  Sometimes when my heart is heavy with thoughts of Brian I will listen to it because I honestly do feel it is him singing to me. I think the words are words he would say to me if he could be here with me.  I know Brian doesn't want me or anyone sitting around sad, lonely, depressed, or anything else.  He wants me to move on. He wants me to pick up the pieces and build a new puzzle.  He doesn't want me to sit around sad, crying, wondering why.  Some days you get a salty taste in your mouth and all you can do is let the tears go.  Most days though I can start to flip over life's puzzle pieces and start building a new story.

Billy Joel- Lullaby
Goodnight my angel, time to close your eyes,

And save these questions for another day.
I think I know what you've been asking me,
I think you know what I've been trying to say.
I promised I would never leave you,
And you should always know
Wherever you may go, no matter where you are
I never will be far away.


Goodnight my angel, now it's time to sleep,
And still so many things I want to say.
Remember all the songs you sang for me,
When we went sailing on an emerald bay.
And like a boat out on the ocean,
I'm rocking you to sleep
The water's dark and deep, inside this ancient heart
You'll always be a part of me.

(Humming)


Goodnight my angel, now it's time to dream,
And dream how wonderful your life will be.
Someday your child may cry, and if you sing this lullaby,
Then in your heart there will always be a part of me.
Someday we'll all be gone
But lullabys go on and on
They never die
That's how you and I will be.


Copyrights!



I think the song does more justice if you hear it, but the words are powerful on their own too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcnd55tLCv8



4 comments:

  1. Such a great song! Dad would play this often when Brian and I were younger.
    Billy Joel is awesome. I'm sure you've heard how Brian sang and 'played' piano man for the daycare talent show. lol. It was awesome! Mom and Dad took Brian to see him in concert when Brian was in elementary, and he was hooked from then on.

    Praying that you're enjoying clinic!
    Love, Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first read this I thougt you meant that Rockaby song by that Mullins guy that came out when we were in Jr. High. I was like no way Brian had way better taste in music than that. Glad to see I was wrong and it was the Billy Joel song. Hope all is well in DSM look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stacey,

    Awesome song....it's nice to have things to remember and put that warmth in your heart!
    So proud of you!
    Hugs!
    Aunt Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this poem Brian wrote in 5th grade and thought I would share it with you, enjoy.

    Sky
    by Brian Pritchard

    Jane and the abandoned sailor Tim
    kissing in the moon of a
    summers end,
    by a deep lake
    where the swallows are singing,
    and when they meet they
    taste happiness.


    Pretty romantic for a 5th grader!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete