Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Another Rough Pet Scan

My cancer is localized to 2 areas in my Lymphatic system. 1 larger area under my arm and 1 smaller area in my neck. These are the only 2 spots showing up on the PetScan but they have both gotten bigger since my last Scan. This means that the Chemo that I was just on did not shrink the size of the cancer like we wanted it too. The bone marrow transplant is put on hold yet again and seems to be further off than before because of this set back. We are doing everything that we can but nothing seems to be working. The strangest part is that physically I feel really normal.

Like every bad scan you have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep fighting. I'm going to be honest with you and tell you that it is something that is very hard to do. We have a new treatment plan now with new Chemotherapy drugs that I will start in the morning. These are drugs that my system has not had yet and the hope is that they will shrink the size of my cancerous areas. Along with these new Chemo treatments I am starting radiation treatments. I will likely do 6-8 weeks of radiation while I get my Chemo treatments. We are trying to get a new trial drug approved by insurance as well. It would be an oral Chemotherapy.

The road has gotten even tougher yet again but that just means that we must fight that much harder.

God is Good. Keep the Faith.

Brian Pritchard

7 comments:

  1. We are praying......we love you with all our
    hearts.......we are here for you 24/7.
    Praying your trial drug gets approved.
    We are on road with you and fighting with you.
    Love,
    Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying so much!!! If you guys need anything at all..please let me know. You are so amazing!!! Love you both!
    -Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you both.
    Keep fighting hard, you're so amazing.

    Love, Linds

    Stacey: Congrats on being done with classes! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on keeping on, its time to change treatments with an eye on a new outcome. Pray that this set back will not change the attitute you have had throughout this journey. Love you both. Congrats to Stacey for being done with classes, your faith has also been an inspiration for all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey buddy - Positive thoughts going your way as always. Keep your head up and keeping fighting. I'm always here for you man!

    - Quam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian,

    I am sorry about the news bud, but am encouraged by your positive attitude. How sweet it is that you can say in all this, "God is good". Praying for you and your wife.

    Brian Hanneman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep fighting Brian! We are all in your corner and have faith you can beat this!!

    ReplyDelete