Monday, December 6, 2010

A Fantastic Weekend

It was great to do so much fun stuff since I have been feeling so good. On Friday we ate dinner with our really good friends Jordan and Chelsea. They are great cooks and it was good to hang out with them again. They made meatloaf (one of my favorites) and we watch the Hawks beat Iowa State in wrestling!!! Way to go Hawks!!! Thank you Jordan and Chelsea for everything that you have done for us over the past 9 months. You guys are amazing!!

On Saturday we lounged around on the couch watching football and then at night we went to the DaVinci Exhibit at the Science Center here in Des Moines. There was a reception with wine and cheese before the exhibit for DMU students and faculty. We volunteered to take tickets for an hour and then met up with some friends and went through the exhibit. It was awesome! I would recommend it for anyone that likes museums and exhibits. We had a lot of fun there!

Then on Sunday we woke up really early and headed to Kansas City. Some of Stacey's amazing classmates bought us tickets for the Chiefs game yesterday. It was a blast! The Chiefs won 10-6 over the rival Broncos. I have been a big Chiefs fan since I was a kid and it is good to see them start to play well again. Stacey had never been to a Chiefs game before and she had a lot of fun too. The crowd was loud and the Chiefs D was tough. After the game we headed to Arthur Bryant's (It is a famous BBQ spot in KC) and got some delicious BBQ! I had never been there and it was fantastic! We got there just before the crowd too. The line was out the door as we were leaving.

At night we went to the Plaza in KC and Stacey did a little shopping. I was getting tired and I don't care for shopping very much so Stacey kept it pretty short. (Thanks honey!) It was really pretty in the Plaza because they light up the entire district with lights for Christmas. It wasn't too cold so we walked around the Plaza and had a great time. I was tired so we headed back to the hotel room and went to bed by 9:15! It was a busy but amazing day! It felt great to go on a trip because Stacey and I love to travel and have not been able to for quite some time now.

Keep praying for good results on the PetScan which is scheduled for next Monday Dec 13th and we get the results from our oncologist on Tuesday Dec 14th. My attitude has been a lot better over the last week and I am going to be ready for whatever treatment plan we will have. Keep the prayers coming!

God is Good!

Brian Pritchard

4 comments:

  1. I've been out of contact and I do apologize. I still think of you every day. It is wondeful to hear all the fun you are having. I hope you are extremely careful with the cold temperatures that have been hanging around.

    I'll keep praying and have yourselves another good, fun-filled week.

    Love to all,

    Cousin Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip to KC sounds so fun! Arthur Bryant's sounds so good right now! :)

    Thinking of you both!

    Love,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am gearing up for all the bowl games to come. Missouri will be a tough game but I believe that the Hawks will be up to the task. All our prayers are with you as always. Love you both. PS NWMSU Bearcats are in semi-finals this weekend, Go Bearcats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ones:
    You are in our prayers daily - you are so amazing and admire your attitude. It is all about FAITH - stay focused and take ONE DAY AT A TIME. Love and prayers always.

    Omaha family :)

    ReplyDelete