Friday, July 16, 2010

Good News!

I went this morning and got a PET Scan done and the results came back today. We looked at my original PET Scan in April and the Dr compared it to the new PET Scan and the result are pretty impressive. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma and the first PET Scan showed it in many places such as my spleen, many other lymph nodes in my lower abdomen and a very very large mass in my armpit. Today the results came back and the cancer is only showing up in a small area in my armpit! This is great to hear because it means that the treatments are going very well. There is still a little bit of cancer left to knock out so I will have to do additional treatments but I am going to do whatever it takes to be rid of this disease forever.

Earlier in the week my amazing Mom got the all clear that her breast cancer is gone, yesterday my wonderful sister found a teaching job (Congrats Lindz!) and today I was told that my cancer is just in one area in my body now and that it has decreased in size tremendously. What a great week! God is Good! We have weathered a lot of storms over the past few weeks but light is beginning to show through the clouds.

I am going to another fantastic wedding this weekend for two great friends of mine Fidd and Aaron. We will be in Orange City, Iowa by tonight! As expressed in earlier posts Stacey and I love weddings and this one will be no exception. We are going to dance our butts off!

On Sunday I will be going in for my 5th Chemotherapy treatment. Stacey and I are excited that we have come this far and it has only been possible with all of the help from our Amazing family and friends. We are so blessed and we hope everyone has as great of a weekend as we are going to have!

Peace and Love,

Brian

4 comments:

  1. keep the positives coming!

    enjoy the wedding! Dance, dance, dance!

    love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!

    We are dancing here too.

    Love,
    Uncle Craig and Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen both of you dance and you are soooo good. Pork Days this weekend, love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that is all wonderful news. So happy for you and Angie and Lindsay and everyone else too. God is good and is watching over you all. Please tell your family hello from us. Also, where did Lindsay land a job? Hope it's in Iowa and not too far away. Keep up the great attitude --KICK BUTT.... Jo Ann Clausen

    ReplyDelete