Thursday, July 1, 2010

Side Effects and Their Soundtrack

One of the things that I get asked about a lot are side effects of my treatments. I decided to take this great question and set it to music.

Toxic - Brittany Spears - I know, I know this song s pretty bad and I'm not a Brittany fan but it is kind of catchy and it does explain one of my side effects. I'm on a 21 day cycle and receive treatments for about 5-7 days at a time and I am "Toxic" for about a week after my treatments are done. It's nothing to worry about but I do have to use a separate bathroom in our little apartment while the Chemo runs its course. (Random fact about this song: My wife likes to clean to it)

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd - Alright this is a much better song by an awesome band. The numbness that I feel comes from the loss of cells in my fingertips. It doesn't really effect me a whole lot but from the tip of my fingers to the first knuckle I cant really feel much. If you have received any hand written cards from me or seen my handwriting lately it's worse than it was. Not a really terrible side effect just a little annoying.

Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes - Great song and it explains the blisters on my feet. I constantly have blisters on my feet due to the lack of cell growth in my feet. They don't look pretty but at least they dont hurt at all. It really did blister in the sun this weekend when we were in Okoboji. I wore my flippy floppy's and the blisters got a bit worse. Not doing that again while I'm on the Mo'.

Sick and Tired - Nappy Roots - Great, Great song that we used to listen to in college a lot. This is how you feel when you are under the influence of the Mo'. A little bit woozy and a little bit tired. These symptoms start on about the 3 to 4th day of my treatments and end on about the 10th or 11th day. Once you get past this phase of the Mo' then you know that things are lookin up and you really need to get out and enjoy it!!!

"Every things gonna be alright, Every things gonna be alright now" ~ Bob Marley

Brian Pritchard

No comments:

Post a Comment