Thursday, July 22, 2010

Round 5 is Done!

I am excited because I get to go home today from the hospital. Thanks to everyone that came and visited me while in the hospital or just said a prayer for me. I really appreciate it! And Jordan and Chelsea the food last night was fantastic!

It's always so exciting to go home after you have done another round of Chemo. You are excited to go home and sleep in your own bed, take a shower without being hooked up to IV's, cook your own homemade meals and get that good ol' butt groove working back in the sofa that has been missing you! :) But you are also proud of getting another round done. It feels good to know that I have 5 rounds done and that things are going well. By the 3rd or 4th round there are pretty much no surprises. I know exactly how I am going to feel on certain days and what I need to do to prevent from feeling too crappy. Stacey and I have the system pretty much down to an artform at this point.

In the beginning when I first got diagnosed all I wanted was just to be normal but I have found that you just create a new normal. Stacey and I were just talking the other day how routine it has become for us on these 21 day cycle treatments. Right now we don't any different. But with such good family and friends by our side it has made it much easier.

Round 5 is Done! Life is Good!

Brian Pritchard

4 comments:

  1. Also I am excited to say that I made a new friend in the hospital who also has her own website. Her name is Carolyn Gibson and she is truly and inspiration to me and anyone that meets her. What a wonderful lady and I also had the pleasure of meeting her fantastic husband Duane too! We have been going on walks in the halls and it makes the time fly by! I just know that we are both going to beat it! God is Good!

    Here is her website:

    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/carolyngibson1/journal?jid=5836377

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on being done with Round 5! So proud of you my brother!
    That's so awesome that you meet a great new friend!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian - You are right about how Carolyn Gibson and her husband, Duane, are an inspiration to anyone that meet them. I used to work with Carolyn and met Duane this winter while Carolyn and I were having chemo at John Stoddard. I found that I looked forward to visiting with them each time...too bad it could not have been under different circumstances! I have never met you but know your parents and Rose & Craig. Your writings are truly inspirational also. After surgery, chemo & radiation, I am cancer free and look forward to when you can share the same news. Sounds like you are well on your way! Stay strong and keep up the good fight! Tell Carolyn "hi" for me. I follow her website, too.
    Jane Trueblood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brian / Stacey,
    Home Sweet Home! And Round #5 is behind you. You guys are awesome and we think of you everyday. It was great to talk on the phone yesterday. We are praying for you and know happy days are ahead. Have a good weekend and take care. Like Jane says, stay strong. Love you lots.
    Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete