Saturday, July 10, 2010

Attitude is a Choice

For the past week I have been feeling pretty sluggish, tired and weak from the Chemo. I have gone to bed really early most nights and the Neuprogen shots hurt my bones. It's not a pleasant experience but you tough it out and go to work. I managed to work a full work week yet again and am proud of that. My blood counts were getting low on Tuesday but by Friday that had sprung back up again and I was elated about that. With cancer its all about SPV's or Small Personal Victories. You tell yourself that if I can get through this round that's one more down or If I can make it through this work day that's not half bad. SPV's are like setting really little goals for yourself to achieve and when your going through your treatments its important to not get ahead of yourself. Just keep plugging away, get into a rhythm and keep the Faith.

The good news is that I am feeling much better now. Stacey is done giving me my Neuprogen shots and life is good! This week has made me think back to when I was going through my first round of Chemo and the mantra that I kept telling myself as I walked the halls, "This is not a death sentence it is a Life sentence." What it means is that this is my wake up call to start living life to the fullest again. Get together with friends, family and really soak up the beautiful world that God has made for us. I made a pact with myself early on in little journey that regardless of the result at the end of my treatments that during them I was going to live life to the fullest!

Whatever you are doing this weekend do it out of love. Brighten some one's day or just do something that you love to do. Make today your own little celebration of life! Your alive, your healthy, you have faith, friends and family and really that's all you need! I am going to enjoy the fact that I for the first time out of the last week don't feel crappy! :) I am very blessed and very thankful for everything that I have!

Attitude is a choice,

Brian Pritchard

2 comments:

  1. Brian, You are so very lucky to find the meaning of life at such an young age. Your posts inspire me so much and are exactly what I am feeling as I deal with my cancer. My Lord, my family and friends are what are so important to me. You may have the wrong occupation, maybe you should consider writing. Keep up the inspiring posts and the great joy of life. We are in this together.. God's love and ours, Jay and Jo Ann Clausen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian you are so inspirational. Your AMAZING outlook on life is pretty unbelievable. Whenever I need a pick-me-up or reminder of what's important in life, I just log on to your blog. You and Stacey are two of the best people I've met in my life and I am so very thankful to call you both my friends.
    Thinking of you guys daily,
    Krystin Garman aka-Gmamma Love :)

    ReplyDelete