Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Status Update: Sleepy

I'm pretty sleepy today so I am going to take a big nap. On every treatment you reach a point where you sort of run out of gas and need to take it easy. I think that today is that day. I stayed up until 10pm last night watching my Cubbies pull off a big come back victory against the Astros. (Maybe that's why I'm tired too.)

On Monday my Dad came and visited me and we had a great day just having some father and son time. We are both so proud of Mom and her recovery and I am the only one left to get better. Lets keep up the good work! Love ya Dad!

I have also started to read Lance Armstrong's book about his battle with cancer and it has been cool to get a different perspective. There is so much that we can learn about life through our trials and tribulations. We learn the most about ourselves and the others around us when things go wrong. I have learned alot from all of this already!

And another big Thank You to my wonderful wife. She is my support through the good times and the bad. She is my strength on days when it seems I have none and she is the light of my life. I love you honey!

GO HAWKS!

Brian Pritchard

P.S. Who is excited for Hawkeye Football season? Only 45 days, 2 hours, 1 minute and 35 seconds but who's counting.

3 comments:

  1. Remember when I told you I was going to link a Wisconsin Football story each time you said 'Go Hawks' at the end of your blog?

    You're lucky I'm actually busy at work and don't have the time to, haha!

    See you tomorrow at lunch buddy!

    - Quam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good buddy! Work at work? That doesn't sound like any fun?

    GO HAWKEYES!

    Signed,
    Brett Belima's tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian-
    I'm enjoying getting to know your wife as she completes her clinical rotation at Mercy Riverside Rehab. She is a great therapist, and an amazing person....besides being a Hawkeyes fan! :) It was a reflief to read that you're at least a Cubs fan! I've already asked my boss if Stacey can come work with us when she finishes school. You are so blessed to have her by your side! The love between you is apparent as she shares things about you and your journey. Please know you both are in my thoughts and prayers!

    Keep your chin up! My husband and I would love to take you both out for dinner when you are able. And, I won't make you eat berries! Take care!
    -Cindy Mather

    ReplyDelete