Sunday, July 25, 2010

Great Weekend

We have had a great weekend so far just laying low, watching a lot of movies and going out to eat with friends. I have really really enjoyed being home from my 5th round of Chemo. "On Friday we went to the movie Inception and then came home and watched movies at home. It was a really fun lazy date night! On Saturday we went to Jethro's BBQ with our friends C.J. and Sonja and had a great time. I love Jethro's BBQ because I get to decide how much sauce I get to put on my meal. Anyone that knows me knows I love condiments! And due to the Steroid that I am on I am constantly hungry too. Don't tell Stacey but I was sneaking some chips, salsa, crackers and Maytag Blue Cheese last night while I was watching Man vs. Food. It was awesome!

I have been getting tired pretty easily and have taken a lot of naps. It is too early to tell if I will have to get a Blood Transfusion or not. My Hemoglobin numbers tend to drop more by Tuesday - Thursday. Hopefully my body can handle it and I won't need to get another one. But if I do that's ok because Transfusions always make you feel better. On Wednesday we will got talk to an Oncologist in Iowa City about finishing up our treatment plan. One thing I have learned is that it is always a good idea to know what all of your options are and to make an informed decision about what to do. I am excited to go to Iowa City because maybe we can go eat at Whig and Pen and see The Kinnick Stadium!

By the way the Cubbies have won 6 out of 9 since the All Star Break and are going for the sweep of the Cards today! Go Cubs Go!

41 days til Hawkeye Football!!!! Go Hawks!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brian. I thought I'd take a few minutes today to check our your blog and see how you've done since vacating Powell 3. It was so nice meeting you on Tuesday...your outlook is admired. You are a special young man (yes, you are a young man compared to me)and I hope that you know Brian and I are here if you or Stacey ever want to chat about anything. I wish you well on your journey to IA City and am glad to see you will be doing something fun outside of medical appointments! Take care!

    Michaelle Bahnsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words Michaelle! I hope everything is going good with you are Brian! You guys give me a lot of inspiration and hope!

    Have a great day! Go Cubbies!

    ReplyDelete