Monday, September 20, 2010

Lymphomathon! Great Success!

Yesterday the first inaugural Lymphomathon was held out at Gray's Lake in Des Moines and it raised over $6,000 for Lymphoma research!!!! Way to go for all who participated and thank you for your support of a cause that is very personal to Stacey and I. It takes 18 years for a cancer drug to hit the market and so I am here today and doing so well because of the research that was done in 1992ish. (Hootie was the number one band in America, so yeah it takes a while from thought to finish). Thank you all for your donations! When people ask you what you did over the weekend you can tell them with blunt honesty that you helped save lives! And truly that is what you did. I was just telling Stacey this weekend that when I think of the money that we raised I don't think of the monetary value I think of the people who's lives will be saved because of it. And not just the cancer patient but who they are. Because each person diagnosed with cancer is not just a patient they are someones daughter, son, aunt, uncle, cousin, brother, sister, friend, husband and wife. And I don't stop there. I think of the children of the person who's live was saved and their children's children. So when you save 1 life it effects hundred's of people even future generations. What a beautiful thought for a Monday morning!

I am doing good at work today. I even put in a few hours of overtime! (Not to shabby)

Stacey and I were also excited because we met with a reporter for the DMU Magazine today! It was really neat for us to discuss with her how far we have come on our journey. (I cried a little bit... I'm wimpy) Barb the DMU report became our therapist today. (She reads the blog, so I know she will appreciate that! Thanks Barb!)

But when you look back you really see how far you have come and you realize how truly blessed you are to have the absolutely amazing support system that we have. We are strong throughout this because we have an army of friends and family battling with us!

Let's keep the positive attitude rolling all week!

Brian Pritchard

Also if you do believe in the power of prayer like me then say a little prayer for us this week as we prepare for a Pet Scan and my 8th round of Chemo in Des Moines on Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Reading your blog was SO what I needed tonight. Had a difficult day but your words help me put things in perspective. And, oh yes, I DO BELIEVE in the power of prayer! Will be praying for the PET scan and chemo. Thanks again, Brian and Stacey, for sharing your journey with all of us!
    Carol Treloar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! It was a great day Sunday and anxious to read the DMU story!
    Awesome. Prayers will be strong on Thursday. You have
    an amazing circle of friends and family.
    Love,
    Aunt Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're blogs always hit home for me, but for several reasons. Today, it's not only because you're the best brother-in-law a person could ask for, and as such I'm "in your corner."
    It's also because it's what I see, day in and day out. Your the type of person that makes me get up at 4am and drag through the day (and only complain a little...of course). It's all about going through the journey together and helping my patient through it. You're right, research is key. It is all about the research, the patient, and their respective loved ones (past, present, and future). Much love,

    Rach

    You are in my prayers and you better believe there will be a big shout on Thursday. Can't wait to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete