Saturday, September 25, 2010

Well if you can't go to the game then...

cuddle up on the couch with your hubby under blankets and eat some pizza while cheering on the hawks.

Brian actually requested food today! YIPPIE. I have never been so excited. He fumbled around a few ideas and decided he wanted pizza (very rare Brian is not a pizza fan, however, I am). At first he wanted chips and salsa from Carlos o Kellys but decided on pizza. He said food in the hospital never sounds good. This morning he woke up and had scotcheroos not the best thing but at least he ate.

Last night our good friends Chelsea and Jordan brought us a homemade dinner, mashed potatoes and a roast. Brian ate some but not much, which is rare. It was sooooo gooood too, beef straight from Chelsea's parents farm. Brian this morning said he wish he could have ate more because it looked good but his stomach just wouldn't let him. Chelsea and Jordan took our seats at the IOWA game today. It was only a small way we could thank them for all the meals, goodies, visits and prayers. They are such amazing people. Brian went to bed early in anticipation of breaking out early, and not feeling the greatest.

Brian was done with chemo around 5ish but we stayed in to see our doctor, once he gave thumbs up at 7:40 we were out. It is comforting to see your own oncologist, it is like a pat on the back from your parents and with every peak and valley him and his nurse are there with us. Brian didn't even let me brush my teeth, or change out of my PJ's. He came home showered put a new hawk shirt on and napped on the couch.

We read a few versus that were SCREAMING out to us. We know God is challenging us for a reason now and we are ready to fight. You go through trials to enjoy God's glory at the end. I won't lie, I can't wait to see what God has planned for us.

GO HAWKS!!! WHAT A GAME.

We hope you are all out enjoying God's Gift!

4 comments:

  1. Hi-
    Great victory for Hawks today. Glad you were cozy up to it.
    Rainy here. More football tonight.
    Rest...take care...know we love you.
    Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're home and another round done! Today was a great game...definitely a couch game. Vandenberg looked good. Love you guys!

    -Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great day to be cuddled up on the couch, it was wet and rainy. Our visitors from France had a good time despite the rain. They were amazed at the whole tail gate atmosphere. And of course Dad and them deck at in Hawk gear!
    I have a new recipe for South West burgers, Chelsey and Jordan loved them and Chelsey said that Brian for sure would love them! I will make them again for the Penn State Game! Love you both, Praying always for you! Love Mom Harter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian-
    Thinking of you often. Understanding the difficulty with eating and know that through the love of your wife, friends and family, you will be well taken care of. I found that boost and ensure were very easy ways to get calories down when I wasn't hungry. I leave you with this bible verse for strength:

    So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
    Isaiah 41:10

    Michaelle Bahnsen

    ReplyDelete