Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pursuit Of Happiness 2.0

I felt pretty good today and so I am going to try to go to work tomorrow. On Monday I felt pretty crappy but today was better and hopefully tomorrow is more of the same. I have definitely watched as much college football and Sportscenter as any man can handle. I am ready to get back to work. I work in sales over the phone so it's not to strenuous but they don't let you take naps at work either like I have been the last two days so that part will be a challenge. My reason for wanting to go back to work so early after my treatment is simple. If I think I can do it then I am at least going to try and I am pretty sure that I can do it!

I want to do as much "normal" things over the next month as I can because I know that the Stem Cell Transplant isn't going to be easy. I am going to be in the hospital anywhere from 2-6 weeks but realistically I will probably be there at least a month. They are going to first take my good stem cells in my body and store them. Then they will give me high doses of Chemotherapy until my blood counts bottom out to as nothing as they can get them. Next the Dr's will give me Neuprogen in high doses to boost my white blood cell counts and promote the growth of good cells. Finally they will give me my good stem cells that they harvested back to me. Then we just wait. We wait for my blood counts to go all the way back to normal.

I know that it is really going to be a tough couple of months for Stacey and I but I know that we will come out on top. There is no doubt in my mind as to what the end result is going to be. And what a celebration it will be when my treatments are done but right now I have to just focus on the day to day. We just need to keep the Faith! God is Good!

I have challenged myself to live life to the fullest before my transplant. For the next few weeks it is going to be the Pursuit Of Happiness 2.0 and NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is going to Ruin My Day!

Also Thanks for all of the support so far with the Lymphoma walk. The Just Try And Ruin My Day team has raised $360 for Lymphoma Research! I am inspired by everyone's generosity, support and prayers! Keep up the great work everyone!

I love you all!!!! Thanks for being there for us!!!!

Brian Pritchard

1 comment:

  1. Go Hawks!
    Have fun at the game!!
    Love,
    Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete