Thursday, September 2, 2010

Life: What It's All About?

Answer: Relationships. That's it. That's all. When it really comes down to it that's what it's all about. To say that the last 5 months have been a roller coaster would be a huge understatement but the one thing that has kept me going is relationships. Family and Friends are what keep you going when things are going good and when things are going poorly. My parents always taught me not to burn bridges because you never know when you are going to have to walk across them. Basically what that means is don't be the one to hurt or sever relationships with people because you never know when you are going to need to rely on them. Never has this been so true in my life than the last 5 months. People have showed me what it is truly like to be a friend. I have learned that doing things for others and making people happy is what Life is all about.

Sometimes people ask me where my strength comes from and I will tell you honestly it comes from Faith, Family and Friends. We love our treatment plan now and we are focused on beating this disease but it wasn't always like that. I know what it is like to stare my own mortality in face and I can honestly say that what you think about at those moments are your relationships with Family and Friends. Nothing else matters when you get right down to it. You don't think about how far you have gotten with your career, how much money you made, how big your house is or what type of car you drive. All of these things are what society has told me my life is about but when push comes to shove and something reminds you of how short and precious life is none of the things like status, promotions or financial wealth really matter. You think about how you treated people in the relationships that you have had in your life. So take the time to treat people right so that when you look back you will be happy with the way you prioritized your life. I have been very blessed to look back and see a life full of amazing friends and family.

Mark my words I am more confident than ever that we will beat this I just wanted to reminisce about a time when I didn't feel as confident and share some insight on what it is like. There is definitely strength in numbers and I am so blessed to have such an amazing group of people along with me on this journey. Thank you all!

We will beat this!

Brian Pritchard

I just started my first bag of Chemo for my 7th round. Let's do this! Let's Fight, Fight Fight!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brian,
    Thanks for your tremendous insight on life........
    Bless you and know you are very much loved always.
    You are so strong and we admire you.
    Love,
    Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian and Stacey Thinking of you and continue to pray. Thank you for that reminder of the importance of relationships, the power of prayer and God's gift of family and friends! You are a fighter, Brian, really you are a child of God and He is using you for His glory! What a blessing that in your weakness He is STRONG in You! Look forward to joining your team on the walk in a few weeks! Love you guys, Jolane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add YEAH CYCLONES!!!! A Victory for us tonight!

    ReplyDelete