Sunday, August 22, 2010

Another wonderful wedding weekend, minus a pair of shoes

Sorry no update in a while, we have been busy worker bees. My little sister came this week and helped me do some projects around the house. I was having a tough mental battle and found that all I needed was some scripture. Brian's mom and some kind people from the church mailed us note cards with scriptures on them and until now I haven't really looked to closely at them. However, as Brian stated earlier one negative thought can quickly become a deadly weed that takes over and consumes you. I sat down and read some verses and decided I needed to be surrounded by them. My sister is so talented artistically and painted some canvases for us then stuck on some wall art with all positive sayings/verses. Since then I wake up every morning and see "strength comes from faith in God,'' and walk out of the house with " We will walk through faith not but sight." Let go and let GOD...I feel way better.

This weekend Brian had the pleasure to be the Best Man in the wedding of our dear friends Andrew and Mandi. They are such an amazing couple and they deserve nothing more the pure happiness. The wedding was so beautiful and the reception was a blast. I was a pretty emotional wreck during the ceremony. It is unbelievable how words have different meanings now after going through this journey. While I listened to our friends exchange vows I realized how powerful those words are. Love is KIND and it is PATIENT and so much more. In sickness and in health has a completely different meaning to me know then it did on our wedding day. I feel horrible for taking for granted what God has given me and I hate that it took a major wake up call to realize how amazing my husband is. Really, he is a pretty great guy. Everyday he fills my heart with happiness. I lost sight on the goodness in the world but Brian gives me hope. I'm so lucky and grateful God chose me to be his wife.

Brian nailed his speech at the reception. He rarely turns down an opportunity to speak in public. He threatened the past week that whatever CRAZY things I did he would use against me in his speech, I was on best behavior. I did not complain about him putting my pots and pans in the dishwasher once. The reception was fun especially for Brian because he got to reunite with so many high school friends. Also, Brian got to get his fix of wedding dancing. This morning when we got up and got ready to go Brian realized he only had his tux shoes. Organization is not Brian's strong suit, that is were I come in, he left his tennis shoes at the church (we think). Oh well tennis shoes are easy to replace.

CONGRATS to our BEST FRIENDS Andrew and Mandi,we love you both. Andrew stay safe we will pray for you daily while you are away on your deployment.

We go to IA city Friday to meet the transplant Dr. and have our consult.

Thanks for your prayers, I swear I can feel it every time someone says a prayer for us. The power of prayer!

Have a great Monday, put a smile on, and make someone else smile because it is contagious.

2 comments:

  1. Just thinking about you guys...know I am praying for you both. Glad to know you had fun at the wedding. It is nice to be able to check in and read the latest updates. Good luck at the doctor on Friday too. I miss you and love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear about your weekend. Been thinking of you.
    Know it was really special. Wish we could have heard the
    speech. Brian can always make everyone smile. Blessing. Can picture you guys dancing too.
    May you have a positive week. Remember, when things get you down, look up, the answer is ALWAYS there.
    LOL. Take care. Miss you. Love you. Praying everyday.
    Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete