Thursday, August 26, 2010

What a good day!

Today is a good day, no great day. Brian called me this morning, during my morning nap, to say that he got the official path report from his surgery. There was still some active lymphoma, but mostly necrotic (dead) tissue. YIPPIE. That is the first time my stomach lifted from the bottom of my abdomen back to its normal resting spot. Thank you all for your prayers and support, we owe you. Please continue to pray that it stays away, for good.

Brian has been working non stop this week. He even managed to work OT to make up for missing work tomorrow to go to our consult in IA city. He said this morning this was the best he felt since prior to being diagnosed with cancer. We even compromised and he had a HUGE glass of berry smoothie and a slice of homemade pizza (actually he snuck the pizza in prior to me getting up so he said he would wash it down with something healthy).

We have had a relaxing week otherwise. We went to Sabrocco on Tuesday night with our good friends Jordan and Chelsea for DSM restaurant week. Tonight we plan on going to Valley Junction for the farmers market and live music, and just bask in the greatness we call life. We have taken advantage of the nice weather and each other's company before I begin school next week. I'm not looking forward to returning to school, I enjoy learning, but I enjoy being with my husband much more. He is pretty amazing and makes the world a better place, it is hard to leave his side because the world is so much sweeter next to him.

We hope your day and week was just as grand.

Saturday we get to return the favor and volunteer at an epilepsy walk. Then we get to send off Brian's best friend Andrew as he goes to serve our country. We will miss him, a lot. Brian promised him that next year he and Andrew will be having an adult beverage outside of kinnick stadium cheering on their beloved HAWKEYES. I can't wait for that day. Good Luck Andrew!

God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment