Saturday, August 28, 2010

More Good News!

We met with the Stem Cell Transplant Dr yesterday and we have our treatment plan laid out now. I am going to be doing 2 more rounds of Chemo in Des Moines then going to Iowa City for a Stem Cell Transplant and finally I will follow it up with radiation treatments. It is a very good and aggressive treatment plan and Stacey and I love it. Yesterday the Dr told Stacey and I that they are confident with this treatment plan that I will be able to beat this! We are certainly not out of the woods yet and the treatments are going to be tough but it was really good to hear some really good news. We haven't had good news like that in a long time. God is Good and yesterday was definitely answered prayers!

I took Stacey out on a nice date last night to celebrate our good news. We went to Cafe Di Scala and each had a glass of wine to celebrate! (It's high in antioxidants!) We both feel as if part of a gigantic weight has been lifted off of our shoulders. There is still a very long road ahead for us but we are as positive and confident as we have been in awhile. I can't tell you all enough how much all of the prayers have helped us. We couldn't have done it with out all of you!

Also we are creating a team for the Lymphoma walk in Des Moines September 19th and are trying to recruit as many team members as we can. If you want to participate or just donate to a great cause check out our team link below. If you would like to walk with us please register on our team homepage below so that we can coordinate! We are going to wear the Team Pritchard shirts from the benifit and if you would like one please email us your name and size. Also we ordered 300 more Just Try And Ruin My Day wrist bands so if you want those just email us the sizes that you want and how many. Thanks!!

http://www.lymphomathon.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=427830&supid=301318398

On this link Click on the My Team Page link below the title. And then Click the Join My Team link. Thanks!!!!

Have a great weekend! I know we will!

God is Good!

Brian Pritchard

5 comments:

  1. Brian and Stacey,
    This is Ryan. Mandi is my teacher. We met at Mandi and Andrew's wedding. My mom found your website and I wanted to leave you a note. I like your bald head. It's awesome!!
    From Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ryan!
    It was great to meet you buddy. We had a great time at Mandi's wedding. I hope that the new school year is going good for you so far. As long as you get to have Mrs. Smith as your teacher it should be a great year huh? Tell your Mom Hi too. And thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers!
    From Brian Pritchard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!
    Just a hello. Happy weekend to you guys. Glad you had "date night" and had fun and joyful news on Friday. We're with you on this next step too.
    P U S H. Pray Until Something Happens.
    :-) And when something does happen, give THANKS.
    Love, Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Saturday!!!
    Reading your good news was the perfect ending to a perfect day. God is so good!!! I know you are going to beat this!!! The tough journey will be worth a lifetime of love and happiness! I would love to participate in the walk and just pledged a donation on the lymphoma page. Hopefully I did it right so it shows on your team page. If possible, I would love a large t-shirt and a couple bracelets...jsut let me know what I owe you. Brian, have a great week and stay strong. Stacey, good luck as you begin your final year of PT school. Please let me know if I can help with anything.
    -Cindy Mather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Brian and Stacey,

    I was so excited to read your great news after a great weekend with my bottom on a bike. I nearly cried when Cindy told me the news...then I read it and did cry! Good things are happening. I know the road seems long. Sing my new them song when things get tough. Tom Petty "I won't back down". I am certain there are some people on the route to and from Marshalltown wondering what the heck I was doing. I was screaming it from what I thought were mountains as I climed.

    I would love to join your team and I would love a shirt (XL) and two bracelts. Let me know what I owe. And, I will go get a donation made as well.

    Keep moving!
    Karrie Anderson

    ReplyDelete