Saturday, August 14, 2010

There's A Little Bit of Good in Everyone

This was what my grandfather told my mom and aunt before he passed away. He said to always remember that so that they would always treat people with kindness and respect no matter what. I just had one of the most amazing moments of my life today and it just shows the goodness in people.

My short term disability has gone down to 60% of my pay when I am gone but we still have a lot of the money from benefit. We thank everyone who helped us along our long journey. You are all angel's! Today was an extra special morning wake up. Every couple of Saturday's a man that had Leukemia and went through many rough treatments ten years ago and is still cancer free brings in Sticky Buns. They are the absolute best homemade sticky buns that we have ever had. We raved about them before and were very excited today when we woke up to that delicious Cinnamon smell. The family of the man who beat Cancer showed up with their famous sticky buns. We thanked them and told them how much we loved their sticky buns. We told them that we tell everyone about them.

As we were eating our sticky buns the two wonderful ladies came back into our room and surprised us. We chatted for a bit and the she stuck out her hand to me. She handed me $200 cash. I said you don't need to do that. She said with a big smile on her face "It' yours". I thanked her as I tried to wipe away the tears of joy. It was like the hand of God had touched my heart and I suddenly thought of what my grandfather told my Mom and Aunt. I think that his saying could even be taken one step further. There's A lot of good in everyone. If there is anything that I have found through out all of this it is that people never cease to amaze me.

There's A lot of Good in Everyone

Brian Pritchard and Grandpa Bill

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that was great. Your grandpa Bill was such a fun guy. I loved him and Faith, Angie and Rose. I was so lucky to grow up with them. You have a lot to live for---keep up the fight. Jo Ann Clausen

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! Great blog. Grandpa would be so proud of you Brian! He's smiling from Heaven.

    So nice to see you today!

    Love you, Linds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom and I thought that you hit a home run today with your blog, there were tears but they were happy ones, the healthy ones to have. Will be nice to see you both tomorrow. My brother had a saying from his Army days "when the going gets tough the tough get going", reminds me of you both, all our love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow......now we are speechless. Awesome blog and
    we too have tears of joy, love, respect, admiration.......
    all those traits you have.....your grandpa lives in you.
    It's amazing. Tender hearts too.......what a good thing to have.......
    we love you both so much!
    What a story about the Sticky Bun Angels.
    See you soon!
    Love, Aunt Rosie & Uncle Craig

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I loved Bill and Faith, too! No wonder you're such a neat guy! -- you have great "genes" all the way around! Thank you for sharing that story.
    Carol Treloar

    ReplyDelete