Thursday, August 5, 2010

Let's Cut This Thing Out!

Tomorrow I have surgery to remove as much of the cancer as possible before I start a new regiment of Chemo the following week. I am a little nervous about it but I also know that I have great surgeon's, oncologists and nurses taking care of me too. Plus over the weekend I will get to eat lots of Ice Cream, pudding and Jell-O! Woo Hoo!

Stacey and I have really been having a great time with friend's and family recently. We have seen our parents last week and spent time with a lot of our great friends over the weekend. On Sunday Stacey and I talked about how much we have learned through all of this and what the meaning of life is. (I know pretty deep for a Sunday!) We both agree that the reason that we were put here is to make other's happy. It sounds so simple but with every one's stress from work, co-workers, family, friend's, children and spouses sometimes the meaning is lost in a sea of busy. We talked about the fact that we are learning so much at such a young age and what a gift that is. God has a plan for us all and it is to be happy and to make others happy. If I have one challenge for anyone this weekend it is to go out and do something for someone else to put a smile on there face. You will feel God fill your heart and make you whole!

Stacey and I have had the gift of so many great friends that have helped us along the way and we are very humbled by every one's caring and generosity. It has meant so much to us to have so much support while we go through this horrible thing called Cancer. The prayers that are said for us give us peace and lots of hope.

Let's Cut This Cancer Out!

Brian Pritchard

Thank you in advance for all of your prayers! Also I love it when people comment on my blog too. I love to hear from all of my friends and family so feel free to leave a comment! Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you as you prepare for surgery, have surgery, and recover. Hope that you feel my prayers and hugs through the miles between us.
    Rick and I are love you and are so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brian,
    We are praying for you all and tomorrow at your surgery time,
    we are stopping and sending more love and light to you all.
    Keep us posted and thanks for sharing so much of yourself with
    us. How blessed we are to have you in our lives.
    TAKE CARE. LOL
    Aunt Rosie and Uncle Russ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian,
    Good luck with everything! I think you are right about getting caught up in the busy things in life. Sometimes you need to stop and look around and remember what is most important in life.

    I am sure Kendall and I will get a chance to meet up with you guys again once Kendall gets back on August 20th. It has been a busy summer (I have 3 weddings in August).

    Good luck tomorrow, know our thoughts and prayers are with you! And tell Stacey keep up the amazing support.

    Mike Recker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brian & Stacey!
    You two ARE gaining much wisdom in your young years and I praise God that He is working something good in your lives out of this awful cancer. Rest in His arms of love and healing. Praying for you and your doctors.
    Al & Carol Treloar -- more reunion crashers :)

    ReplyDelete