Sunday, October 10, 2010

Another Great Weekend!

I was feeling good after I got my blood transfusion on Tuesday and worked normal hours at work until the weekend. It feels good to just be normal and go to work like everybody else, be productive and then come home to your beautiful wife and her cooking. We are sure to make everyday count that I am feeling good so we jammed our weekend full of fun once again.

On Friday Stacey's sister Allison who is our new roommate brought her stuff from Cedar Rapids and stayed the night. Ally and I had a good time on Saturday watching College Football. On Saturday night we went to Iowa City to go to Krystin Garman and Chad Mittan's wedding reception. Stacey had class until 5 on Saturday so I picked her up and we headed to Iowa City. It was great to see all of our college friends again. Stacey and I were chatting and even got out on the dance floor for a few songs! What a great reception and we are both so happy for Krystin and Chad they are two great people who were truly meant to be together. Congrats you guys!!

Sunday is going to be more football for me. I was bummed that my Chiefs lost to Stacey's Colts but I got over it quickly because they are still leading the division! Go Chiefs! We also went to the International Food Festival in the East Village and sampled food from all over the world, Etheopia, Equador, Mexico, Salvador as well as some local Des Moines favorites. It was a fun way to spend the day and their was no cost to get in. Win Win!

We are excited that our good friend Carolyn Gibson (my walking buddy from the hospital) is back home from her Stem Cell Transplant. She is doing great and is recoverying here in Des Moines! Just another answered pray! Also Congratulations to Allison Harter for getting a job with Wells Fargo and for our good friend Abby Krull because she got into the Police Academy in St. Louis! What a great week for all of our friends! A lot of answered prayers this week! God is good!

I will be working hard the next 3 days and then going in for my 9th round of Chemotherapy. Pray that this is the Chemo that we need to knock this cancer out!

Brian Pritchard

Also a P.S. to Krystin Garman and Chad Mittan: Stacey and I were the ones who got you a gift and forgot to sign the card. It was my fault! HAHAHAHA! In case you can't figure it out we got you Taboo and Catch Phrase and the unsigned card I pick out for you has a lot of gold glitter on the outside of it! Have fun in the Bahamas! Love you guys!

5 comments:

  1. Garman- On the way home I asked Brian what he wrote on your card and he said nothing...then I asked oh you just signed our names. Then he goes ahhhh nope. So yes it was my husband who put the unsigned card not sealed in your gift (which he also wrapped, I mean placed in a glitter bag with your glitter card all of which he picked out for you buddy!) Sorry, another one will be in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Brian's defense for not signing the card, he was putting a 110% into his college football watching that afternoon. It's a lot to ask of a guy to multi-task like that on a Saturday afternoon.

    It's the best excuse I could think of for you Brian!

    - Quam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, at least he didn't get the names wrong!
    Dad signed a card for a wedding we went to in August (not gonna mention any names) but I told him the incorrect name of the bride.
    Sorry Spencer and Amanda!
    Mom Harter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi -
    Thinking of you. We got rain today and
    lots of wind. How about you?

    Take care.
    "Praying always". Ephesians 6:18
    Love,
    Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian you just wanted the couple to regift the card. It's nice to be able to laugh at our own mistakes it's what makes us human. Prayers for your next round of chemo. You have been an inspiration for us all. You have such a supportive wife, kudo's to you Stacey. I need to try those fish taco's, hold the tartar sauce, love Dad

    ReplyDelete