Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pray, Pray, Pray

We need lots and lots of prayers. Tomorrow I have a very important Pet Scan and we need to show progress with this new Chemo drug so that we can get ready for my transplant. I am nervous but find peace in scripture and prayer. Even if you have never prayed before in your life we need your help. Stacey and I fully believe that the power of prayer can change lives and we need all of you now more than ever.

I went to work yesterday and felt pretty decent. It always becomes hard to focus on other things when you have a Pet Scan coming up let alone one as important to my treatments as tomorrows is. I have found peace in this verse: If God is with us, whom shall be against us. It means that we are never alone in our lives. I also flipped on the Christian radio station today and the song that played was an uplifting one that said that the darkness is only temporary before the morning daylight comes shining through. It made me feel as if there are much better days ahead and that Stacey and I just need to keep on the path of faith that we have established.

Also a caller called into the radio station and talked about how she was recently diagnosed with lung cancer even though she never smoked a day in her life. The DJ asked her how she was able to keep the strength that she had even though she was in such a stressful situation. The caller said "It's because of my faith, we are all instruments for God." She went on to say that nothing is random and that there is a reason for everything. She said that maybe the reason she was put into this situation was to help others. I started to tear up on my way to work. It was exactly what I needed to hear. Here was someone in a very similar situation and she felt the same way I did.

Sometimes I'm very anxious about the future or what is too come but it's what we do with the time that we have that is what is important. The future has enough worry of it's own. We just need to focus on the things that we can control today. Starting with how we treat others and we all need to try our best to be instruments for God no matter what situation's we are in.

Everyday God is God,

Brian Pritchard

10 comments:

  1. Uncle Denny and I are praying for wonderful things for you and Stacey.

    You are both very inspirational!

    Keep up the good fight!

    With love and prayers,

    Uncle Denny and Aunt Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian we will be praying for good results for you tomorrow.
    The Squires Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for good results too and thinking of you 24/7. We added some new people to the prayer warrior list today. It is amazing to see how God helps us reach out to others. The Bible verse I found today is Luke 1:37 - "For nothing is impossible with God".
    Love,
    Uncle Craig/Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. BRIAN-

    'My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior...'
    2 Samuel 22:3

    Dear Heavenly Father, keep Brian safe as he walks through tomorrow's test. Give him your peace to be comforted and strong. May your continue your healing touch on his body. Thank you for creating Brian and blessing the world with Brian's amazing spirit.
    In Jesus' name, Amen.


    Love you brother.

    Lindsay and Rick Gallo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My prayers tonight and throughout the day tomorrow Brian and Stacey.

    With Love,

    Cousin Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matt sent me a link to your website yesterday and I'm glad I remembered to check it out tonight because now I know to say an extra prayer for your Pet scan tomorrow! I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brian,
    Good luck tomorrow! Sending lots of love to you and Stacey.

    Love,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brian,
    "How gracious He will be when you cry for help; as soon as He hears, He will answer you." -Isaiah 19:31b Rest in the fact that SO many are crying out to God on your behalf, and He IS faithful! Praying that the PET scan shows the response needed, and also that you and Stacey have Peace that passes all understanding. Oh, yes, I love that song, "Before the Morning!"
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all continue to keep the faith and pray daily for both of you. You are both so special to so many people which I am sure that you know by now. I want to thank those people that helped set up this blog and for your positive thoughts as you continue on this journey. All our love and prayers Mom and Dad forever.

    ReplyDelete