Thursday, October 21, 2010

Getting Some New Blood Today

I went to my oncologists office today and they said my blood counts were getting low. I'm in the infusion center right now getting 2 bags of blood to give me a boost. Since I am on a High Dose Chemo this is really common. It does get kind of boring sitting here for about 5 hours while I get an IV drip of blood but I don't mind because I always feel way better when I'm done so thank God for the people who donate blood! You rock!

I was thinking this morning how strange it is that all of this is completely normal for me. I get my Chemo, I feel up and down for about a week to 10 days, I get blood transfusions, my counts get tested, then I feel good for about a week to 10 days and then I do it over again. It's become so normal that I even feel like home on the hospital floor that I get my Chemo on and I feel the same way about the transfusion center.

No doubt about it it has been a long time coming on my treatments. Sometimes along the way it is easy to get side tracked or get ahead of yourself but you just have to be patient and keep plugging away. You have to just have 100% faith in what you are doing and never let your mind wander to negative thoughts. The power of prayer is so important. When people say a prayer for you or put you in their thoughts a peace comes over you and you know that you can accomplish anything. One of Stacey and I's favorite verses right now is that God tells us that anyone with the faith of a mustard seed can move mountains and we both believe in it fully.

I am excited because Stacey, Ally and I have tickets to the Wisconsin game this weekend. It is going to be so much fun to tailgate, eat some awesome food with friends and family and watch my beloved Hawkeyes take care of business against the Badgers! GO HAWKS!

I challenge everyone to Live it up this weekend and do what you love to do! I know I'm going too!

Brian Pritchard

Thanks for all of the prayers!

6 comments:

  1. Hey buddy! Have fun this weekend! Go get dem Badgers!
    Go Giants! Hum Baby! Go Hawks! War Eagle Go Tigers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brian, Definitely thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts and lots of prayers your direction!! Cheer on those Hawkeyes this weekend, we'll be out and about so maybe we'll see ya!! Stay strong!! -Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Brian and Stacey. It felt good to read your post today and again hear your inspiring words. I really hope all works in your favor for this weekend. I'll be watching from my livingroom and I'm sure it will be a well fought game. The weatther sounds "iffy" so please take extra precautions and I know you already know the do's and don't's, but those of us who do not have a degree to tell you what to do or not to do still feel the need to do so. YOU ARE AMAZING BRIAN and not one day goes by without my thinking or feeling the same about you. Keep up the good fight and I'll drop you another note after "THE HAWKEYE VICTORY"!

    Lovingly,

    Cousin Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mustard seed verse.......one of my favorites too. It says it all.
    We love you and we have you on our minds 24/7. I find myself saying "what would Brian think of this?" "Brian would laugh at this story" "Brian and Stacey are like "stars shining". Do you realize how many people you lift up each day? Thank you.
    Go Hawks!
    Love,
    Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard lots about you two, but have not gotten to meet you.
    Your words are so inspiring. Anyone that can put it all out there
    for the world to see and hear - that is a gift. Praying for you.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you're feeling better. Rest up!

    GO HAWKEYES!

    We will be cheering on the Hawks and the UNI panthers :) ALUM!

    Love you!
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete