Sunday, October 3, 2010

What A Weekend!

Friday Morning and Afternoon: Stacey and I went to Iowa City met with our awesome Stem Cell Transplant Doctor and got all of the test completed for that. Just in case your wondering I passed them all and I didn't even study! We are excited to work with the staff in Iowa City and when I do finally do my transplant it will be right next to Kinnick Stadium. Hopefully I get a room with a window so that I can wake up to it's greatness every morning!

Friday Night: Mom, Dad, Rick, Lindsay, Stacey and I went with Lindsay's good friend Laura to take pictures in the park in Iowa City. Laura did a great job getting a lot of different poses and incorporating the beauty that is the great state of Iowa. We had pictures by the river, in the park and by some beautiful fall trees. We had a blast. Then to celebrate our new pictures Mom and Dad took us out to Black Stone in Iowa City. It's Stacey's favorite place and the food there is fantastic. Thanks Mom and Dad! It was great to see my whole family again. They are an amazing support for me and we love them dearly. Then Stacey and I went back to my hometown of Center Point, Iowa to stay the night with my parents. We had a cold one and laughed it up. Life is good!

Saturday Morning: Mom, Dad, Stacey and I slept in and Dad decided to make some brunch for us. It was delicious and really hit the spot. Everyone knows that on Saturday the key is to eat big early because there is a lot of college football to be watched. Then we went to Kohl's in Cedar Rapids to do a little shopping. (Mom loves that place) One time they ran out of carts so she and my Aunt Rosie (who also loves Kohl's) took one of the employee's flatbed carts. Mom said "You gotta do what you gotta do". Being an ex-Kohl's employee I found this story really amusing.

Saturday Afternoon: Football! I don't think that there is anything quite like College Football. I can watch any game that's on TV no matter who the teams are. It's just the best sport there is at the best level of the sport, the collegiate level. I was anxious to leave Kohl's and go watch some so that's what we did. We went straight to Stacey's parents house, cozy'd up on the couch and watch the early games. (Sorry about your Badger's Quam, I know what it feels like buddy the AZ game was the same way) Then Roy, Sandy, Ally, Stacey and I loaded up our tailgating gear and headed down to Iowa City for the game! I was feeling good so Sandy gave me her ticket to the game. (Wow! What a treat! Thank you so much Roy and Sandy!)

Saturday Night: I don't know if you heard but it was THE University of Iowa's Homecoming this weekend and they went all out for it. The atmosphere at the tailgates were great, the weather was beautiful and everyone had there beautiful Black and Gold gear on. It was surreal when I stepped into the stadium to see whole place striped in Black and Gold under the lights. We were 5 rows up from the Hawkeye sideline too and since it was homecoming a lot of the NFL players were back. Chad Greenway (Vikings) and Tony Moeaki (My Kansas City Chiefs) were right down on sideline about 20 feet away the whole time. It was awesome! And what a performance by the Hawks! The D was unbelievable and the Offense had it going early. Any time you beat a ranked Penn State team by 21 points that is definitely one to remember!!! GO HAWKS!!! Then Stacey and I booked it back to Des Moines right after the game and got home around 12:30 AM Sunday morning.

Sunday?: Were resting for sure! It was an awesome weekend but we are tired! We are so blessed to have such generous family that treated us so well all weekend. Thanks for everything that you have done for us. We are truly blessed. God is Good!

One final thought about my Chiefs: They have a bye this week so they are the only team that is guaranteed to be undefeated though week 4! Go Chiefs!

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers! It has meant so much to Stacey and I! Keep up the good work!

Brian Pritchard

GO HAWKEYES!

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome weekend you had! Lots of quality family time is always good and cheering on the Hawks is everyone's favorite thing to do!
    I hope next weekend can be just as great ;) Can't wait to see you guys!
    -Garman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Sounds like a great few days! What a great Hawk win!!
    Ella, Ethan and I enjoyed the BIG SCREEN and yelled
    Go Hawks many times!!! Little Ella played the fight
    song on her Herky with each score. The stripe colors of
    the fans looked amazing on TV.. I can't imagine how cool
    it would have been to be there.
    May you have a good week and know we are thinking of you!
    Love,
    Aunt Rosie (Maggie says hi!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian and Stacey!

    How wonderful to hear of your GREAT weekend. Please forgive me as I had sent post earlier in the week and forgot to type in the code. I have thought of you and prayed for you everyday.

    MORE FANTASTIC is the news regarding your stem cell treatment. I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR THE GOOD NEWS regarding the same and the wonderful care you are receiving

    I too am a HUGE college football fan and it was a WONDERFUL weekend for our Iowa teams.

    It is good to hear you have an appetite and I so hope the same continues for you,

    My spiritual advisor should be sending you a message and some really good scripture. He is a wonderful person and a very dear, loyal and sincere friend. HE ALWAYS inspires me as you do too!

    I shall continue to think of you everyday and pray for you several timed during each day.

    Take good care of yourselves and each other and KEEP ON BELIEVING!

    With Love,

    Cousin Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian and Stacey
    Thanks for the update, but do you have to talk so much about the hawkeyes??? HAHA GO CYCLONES! Think about you guys often and praying continually. "Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and HE shall bring it to pass." Psalm 37:5. If it is an impossibility, it is the thing we have to ask ...God WILL DO the absolutely impossible. May God pour out his Holy Spirit to you in love, power, strength, peace and patience as you continue to TRUST and BE STRONG IN HIM. Blessings and love to both of you. In Christ, Jolane

    ReplyDelete