Thursday, October 14, 2010

Laid Back Thursday In The Hospital

We got to see our Oncologist this morning my blood counts looked good so we are ready to start round 9 of Chemotherapy. Our Oncologist said that we will do this round of Chemo then another Pet Scan to see how I am progressing. If we have to do one more after my Pet Scan they will. We are blessed to have such good Dr's who are willing to do everything they can to rid me of my cancer. Your continued prayers for this Chemo to work are definitely encouraged. Thanks so much!

We got to our room today and found out that we had the biggest room on the floor! Maybe they were just saving this room for me because they knew it might be my last round of Chemo here in Des Moines. :) How nice of them! We love the staff here at John Stoddard and they of course welcomed us back with open arms. It feels like a home after so many treatments now but I woke up today full ready to get another round in the books! I just want to kick this cancer's butt!

My appetite is good so far and I even snuck a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich this afternoon. Life is good! I am feeling good so far so lets hope that continues.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers!

God is Good,

Brian Pritchard

P.S. Feel free to drop me a comment. I check it all of the time. Thanks!!

9 comments:

  1. Brian- should have a football email out soon. So be on the look-out. Also, I'm going to start posting like mad... beware. Also, perhaps could stop by tomorrow depending on how you're feeling. Let me know. Also, I love you... wait? What?! That wasn't supposed to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brian!

    Hope this round of chemo goes great! I will be thinking and praying for you and Stacey, as usual. :) Let me know if there is anything I can do for you two.

    Go Hawks! :)

    Ashley Alm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will talk to you tonight. PB&J sounds good,I had cereal and peanut butter toast tonight, was good. Hope all continues well with you both. Went to Bible Study last night. Everyone wanted to know how you were doing. Kansas St on TV game tonight. We walked after supper, feels like fall. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi---
    You are on our minds! Love ya! I can hear you saying
    those words. You've taught us to just "SAY IT!". Thank you!
    Football Saturday is coming.
    Go Hawks. Russ & I did the blood drive yesterday. Red Cross was in town. Prayed for you the whole time and thought of all the Dr's and nurses out there helping you. Bet you are an ALL STAR patient. Will write more soon.
    Love,
    Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Approximately 22 months ago, God had the following Bible verses "pop out" at me every place I went.
    "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is amirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:7-9
    April of this year, it was revealed to me why God wanted all of my family and myself to focus on this verse.
    May God Bless You Always!!!!
    Love ya!Mom(a.k.a Angela "Faith")

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought about you all day yesterday and HOORAY for getting down a PB & J sandwhich. Protein is so very important.

    I so hope you have a good day today, rest is essential too Brian so listen to your body as YOU WILL WIN THIS BATTLE, Gos is always beside you, more so now than ever.

    Love to all,

    Cousin Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brian! I'm glad you are feeling well and I'll be thinking of you and Stacey this weekend! Your strength, wisdom, and attitude are truly inspiring!

    Love,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! With every day you are getting closer to the stem cell transplant!! So glad you've started round 9 and praying it will do the job! You know, I am not at all surprised the staff loves you and Stacey. I am sure you share your love of life with them, the same as you do on this blog. It's contagious! May the Peace of Christ be with you both.
    Carol Treloar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Brian,

    What's this I hear about you having a rough time of it? Darn it anyway. Hang in there! Our thoughts and prayers to you.
    Don & Linda

    ReplyDelete