Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lounging Around On A Sunday

So far I am feeling ok. I can tell that my blood counts are starting to go down. After 9 rounds of Chemotherapy you know exactly what your body is telling you. I know what I can and can't do while my counts are low and I know when to just plain old take it easy. That's what I did this weekend. I have gotten lots of sleep, watched lots of football and lounged out on the couch. I still do some odd jobs about the house just to keep busy but mostly just rest. I did make a nice dinner for Stacey and Allison tonight though, meatloaf, sweet potato fries and fresh green beans. I am really glad its football season because I can sit and watch football all day long!

Stacey and I welcome our new roommate Allison Harter (Stacey's Sister) to our house. She is all moved in and took the spare bedroom at our apartment. It will definitely be good for both Stacey and I to have her here to help out while I am in Iowa City for my transplant. Also we are glad to give her a place to stay. I have been very fortunate to have family members to move in with in the past and we are glad to pay it forward. (Thanks to Rose and Craig for housing me my senior year of college! Love you guys!)

Allison starts her new job with Wells Fargo tomorrow and she is pretty excited. We are very proud of her and we were so happy for her when she got the job. She is going to be really good at her new job! Good Luck Ally!

I'm going to watch part of the Sunday Night game and head to bed. I have to get up tomorrow and get my blood drawn. They will let me know tomorrow if I need to get another blood transfusion or not. Hopefully this week goes really good because we have tickets to the Big Hawkeye game this weekend vs. the Badgers. GO HAWKS!

Keep the prayers coming!

Brian Pritchard

5 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of your page now Brian, and you continue to be an inspiration to me with not only your battle but your faith and love for others, as is evident in your post. May the Good Lord continue to take care of you and Stacy. Hope to meet you someday, but I'm right in here with you. (I think I have mentioned before but was a classmates of your Dads)
    Pat Elsberry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope today a good day. You were the best roommate we ever had and I know now you'll be the best host/hostess to Ally! Congrats on job Ally. We know you'll do great!! May you feel our thoughts. We love you so much. Took a walk tonight and the sun was gorgeous and like you always say, God is Good. Sent all our prayers to you.
    Love,
    Uncle Craig/Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian! The Meatloaf....!

    I never know what you're doing back there.

    Hope all is well buddy. Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that you continue to feel well this week.
    Keep being so positive!

    Love you, Linds

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting ready for work, your mom is home rest of week. Carpet cleaners coming today. Herky will be camped out in computer room. If he has time he will drop you a line. Hang in there we know that this has been tough week so keep the faith, love you Dad & Mom ps any cookies left?

    ReplyDelete