Tuesday, October 12, 2010

No News on the Home Front

No new news here. Brian starts chemo again on Thursday, hopefully lucky round number 9. PRAYERS!

He has been working and enjoying the fact he can go to work. NORMAL, NORMAL, NORMAL never take for granted your normal day.

We should get out just in time for the IOWA game Saturday. So he will be able to watch it comfortably on his own couch, surrounded by IOWA decor. Followed by a weekend of recovery and football.

Thank you so much for the kind words via cards, emails, and comments. Brian, no WE, appreciate it. It makes going through a hard time slightly easier knowing there are people behind us, supporting us, praying for us, and lifting us up. So cheers to you all!

P.S. First batch of bands are in the mail!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brian & Stacy,

    I just found the link Betty Smith sent me awhile ago so thought I'd send you our thoughts of support and prayers. I remember those days of very little energy with my 1st 2 rounds of treatment but hang in there, it does get better and you will be stronger than ever again soon. I walked in the breast cancer walk a couple of Sunday's ago. Trish organized 41 Burke Backers (to my surprise) to walk with us. It was very special for me knowing how much people care. You must always remember that as well for you and Stacy. Everyone has their cross to bear, some just have a little heavier one. But God is always there to carry it when we can't as in the footprints in the sand. Our love and prayers, Don & Linda Burke

    ReplyDelete