Monday, October 25, 2010

Feeling Pretty Cruddy

I'm feeling sore, achy, fatigued and weak today. The nurse said to me know wonder your feeling so crummy your counts are low and you are in need of some blood and some platelets. I told her that the counts explains a lot because I'm feeling pretty cruddy. I bit my lip on Saturday and it left a huge bruise in my mouth. They explained to me that the reason it did that is because my body didn't have the necessary platelets to clot the wound. (It does look pretty bad though, it looks like I got in a fight with a Badger fan. Hahaha!) Hopefully the platelets and the blood give me a boost so that I can go back to work tomorrow.

I will probably be here at the infusion center until about 5:30 at least. I made sure to bring Allison's old laptop that she is letting me borrow and some new CD's that I bought the other day. I am just going to relax, listen to music, surf the web and take naps until I'm done here.

Stacey has been studying non-stop for her Comp exam and has set up shop at our dining room table. All of her books with really big words that I don't understand are strewn about the table and she just keeps on plugging away at it. Keep up the good work honey! I love you an I'm proud of you! Keep her Comp exam in your prayers, the test is just before Thanksgiving.

Keep up the prayers for Thursday's Pet Scan too! We want some good results so that we can move on to the transplant.

Thanks to everyone for there support, thoughts and prayers. It means so much to Stacey and I!

Brian Pritchard

6 comments:

  1. Keep up the positive thoughts! I enjoy reading your blog and am inspired by your attitude throughout all of this :-) You're constantly in my thoughts and prayers! Good luck this week Brian!

    Ashley 'Johnson' Ratliff

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bH0OXsmsbQ

    [go to about the 1:30 mark]

    Also, big words? Don't kid yourself Brian! I know you know all about the longis thoracis...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the computer gave you STAR POWER today.

    I came up with the idea to only refer to this speedbump in your life as just another level in Super Mario....and then I realized I know nothing about Mario because I lost all my lives within 4 seconds of turning the machine on (you can attest to my gaming skills).

    So I will only say this: everyone has to go through the toughest levels (I would say where you battle the weird looking creatures) before you can rescue the princess. This is just another level in your long journey of life. Keep trying, stay focused, and remember that no matter what level you are on, Yoshi will always be there with you.

    P.S. The fact that I related this whole post to a video game is probably a strong indication I am desperate for a "family" game night!!

    God is love---Rev Run ;)

    Dance, dance, dance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey, I just wanted to wish you luck on your comp exam. You are going to rock that exam, I just know it! Brian, I love reading your blog - being able to see your perspective and read all your positive thoughts. Saying prayers for both of you!

    Love,
    Stef Swinton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness for new blood :)
    Keep feeling better. Hope that you have a couple of quality days at work, I know how much you love being there.

    Praying lots for you and Thursday!

    Love, Linds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning!
    May it be a good day for you and you are feeling
    like yourself and a day at work. Really windy here.
    I'll ask the wind to surround you with my thoughts
    and prayers.
    Rebels are in FB playoffs and our VB still winning.
    Go Rebels.
    We are thinking of you Stacey too as you study and we
    KNOW you will do well!
    Love,
    Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete