Sunday, June 20, 2010

What a Wonderful Weekend

First of all, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Brian and I had a lovely day with his family. We enjoyed a nice lunch with his dad, mom, and sister at Rock Bottom Brewery. After we were completely stuffed (and yes Brian did eat a juicy, fully loaded hamburger with NO berries) we headed off to the Des Moines Botanical Center. It was so gorgeous and it was PACKED! I guess everyone took advantage of the free pass for dad today. After being educated we headed out to Summerset Winery in Indianola. Brian and I love this place because it offers patrons something fun to do on a Sunday afternoon. We stumbled upon this gem last year when I was on break from school and were looking for something fun to do. We took a chance and went out for wine and live music. Today was the most people I had seen there thus far. The band was a blues band and it was so nice to sit, relax, and visit with family.


To answer everyone's burning question (and according to posts/texts Brian and I received today everyone wants to know) YES Brian (and I) had so much FUN wedding dancing at Nic and Jessica's reception (CONGRATS you two!!!). He may or may not have been the last person on the dance floor...actually he wasn't our good friend was, Brian had blisters. It took Brian a little bit to get into the groove but with the help of a friend he was easily persuaded to the dance floor. The first song he challenged one of the groomsmen to a dance off, Brian won (at least in my book).

For those of you that have not had the pleasure to see Brian and I wedding dance, you are missing out. In February we were in Sunny San Diego and went dancing and a random stranger came up to us and asked for our picture because 'we had made his night'! Our dancing consists of 95% Brian and 5% me!

After dancing for hours Brian accumulated multiple blisters (which has been an odd side effect of chemo for Brian) and slept until 11 am today. We were wiped but excited to do it all over again next weekend. Our oncologist pulled some strings and gave Brian permission to go to a wedding next weekend so his next round of chemo has been bumped to Sunday instead of Friday. Our oncologist felt it was important mentally for Brian to attend so he worked it out that as soon as we return Sunday AM he could go to the hospital for round 4.

It was a GREAT weekend. It is weekends like these that most people take for granted however Brian and I have learned to brace these weekends and enjoy EVERY little second. We have a great appreciation for what the Lord has provided for us. We have been blessed.

I hope every father had a great day and I want to wish my near and dear father a Happy Father's day as well as my father in-law!

Love,
Stacey

P.S. Brian would have posted but he was exhausted and went to bed REALLY early (before the sun).

3 comments:

  1. Hey,
    Glad you had an awesome weekend. Good one
    for your memory book! I can picture you dancing :)
    It's a great vision. Makes me smile.
    That winery sounded good too. We'll have to give it a try!
    Lots of prayers your way today and everyday.
    WE LOVE YOU!
    Aunt Rosie/Uncle Russ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! And you know what I love even more...watching you guys dance at weddings! LOVE IT!!! :-)

    :-) Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all of the prayers and comments Mandi, Rosie and Russ! You guys are awesome! I love to here from you.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete