Monday, November 22, 2010

Eat, Pray, Sleep

Over the last few days I have not been feeling the greatest. The Chemo has definitely kicked in and I have been achy and tired since my treatment on Friday. I am starting to feel slightly better today but I am still pretty tired. I take many cat naps during the day and probably sleep up to 12 hours a day. Even though I sleep so much I still feel like I could sleep some more. I think that it is the combination of so many, many Chemo treatments on my body. It is a cumulative effect on my system. I was achy for the first couple of days but that has started to calm down too. I am getting some bone pain from my Neuprogen shots but nothing that I haven't been able to handle before.

Yesterday I did chores around the house. Just some small jobs to help out Stacey while she studies for her Comp Exam on Tuesday. It felt good to help her out instead of me always needing the help. I like to return just a little bit of the love and caring that she has shown me. She is an amazing person and I know that she will do just fine on her upcoming exams. I pray for her everyday. Love you Honey!!!

Continued prayers for our good friends Carolyn and Duane Gibson. Carolyn just completed her stem cell transplant in Iowa City about a month ago and is waiting for her stem cells to kick in. Over the last couple of days her husband Duane was hospitalized and a tumor was found in his skull. They are doing surgery to remove the mass and they do not yet know if it is cancerous or not. We pray for the Doctors and the entire Gibson family. They have been a huge source of strength for Stacey and I and now they need our prayers. Please put them in our thoughts during this Holiday season.

Here is the link to the Gibson's Caring Bridge Website:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/carolyngibson1

As for the rest of today I am just going to Eat, Pray and Sleep,

Brian Pritchard

6 comments:

  1. How sad regarding the Gibson family. I shall include them in my daily prayer and will definitely send a note offf to them. I know they are a good source of inspiration to Stacey and yourself, but I am telling you the two of you inspire many of us.

    I know the tired feeling from being on radiation and chemo. You feel helpless at times but you need to listen to your body and rest as much as is needed, no one thinks lesser of you for doing so but you.

    Hang tough Brian you really do inspire me with your words every time I read the same.

    Love t you both and prayers and best wishes for Stacey on her exam tomorrow. It will be a relief I am sure for her to have it behind her.

    XXOO!

    Cousin Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes with your exam tomorrow Stacey! You can do it. You're not alone we are thinking of you and praying that you get a restful night of sleep and are refresed to tackle this exam.

    Keep feeling better Brian! Rest up.

    Love you,
    Rick & Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brian....we hope you continue to feel better. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers.

    Stacey...Good Luck on the exams. Everyone is so proud of you!

    Keep keeping on!

    Uncle Denny and Aunt Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning! Praying for your strength and endurance, Brian, and for your friends the Gibsons. Stacey - you go girl! Will be praying for you through the day.
    Carol T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Stacey, way to go, we all knew you could do it. Rest up the next several days you both deserve it. Will enjoy seeing everyone this week, Love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Stacey!

    Congrats Stacey!

    Brian hope you are feeling better!

    Happy Thanksgiving! We all have many things to be thankful for!

    Hugs from VA

    Uncle Denny and Aunt Amy

    ReplyDelete