Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Just Try And Ruin My Day!

What a crazy day! We have been getting a lot of traffic on my blog because of the article. Thanks for all of the people that have sent Prayers and thoughts our way. Stacey (my amazing wifey) thought that it would be a good idea to make a post about my situation or how this all started for people that are new to our blog.

Everything started when I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in April. My really good friends from work and my wife got together to create a blog. One of my friends Joe had a blog when he was fighting cancer at The University of Iowa. It is a great way to get the word out to people. They all got there heads together and decided to sell bracelets to help us pay for some of the medical bills that we would have during my treatments. They also set up a benefit on my behalf that took place this summer. I have been overwhelmed with the outpouring of love, prayers and support from our tremendous friends and family!

Where did Just Try And Ruin My Day come from? It has been my life's motto well before all of this. There is nothing that is going to ruin my day and I would say that all the time in college at UNI. My friends even made a pink shirt for me that had the motto on there! It's a belief statement that I have tried to live my life by. Not matter what happens I'm not going to let anything ruin my day and instead I am going to take it all in stride with a smile on my face! :)

The road over the last 8 months has been full of ups and downs. We have tried many different Chemotherapy drugs that have decreased the size of the cancer but not gotten rid of it. I am on my 10 round of Chemo (just got done today) and we are praying that this will do the trick! As far as me, my family and my friends attitude it will remain the same no matter what the treatment plan is. Nothing is going to Ruin Our Day and we will live life to fullest and treat everyday as precious.

My unbelivably amazing wife and I have learned so much over the past months from this experience. We have found out that life is all about the three F's, Faith, Family and Friends. As long as you have those 3 things you are truly blessed!

Everyday God is Good! Thanks for visiting my blog and thanks for your continued prayers!

Brian Pritchard

Oh Yeah... And GO HAWKS!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Came across the article and your blog site from a post on Twitter. Sending prayers your way. Attitude is everything in the battle! Good luck to you, and thanks for the inspirational story :) I look forward to reading about your recovery and remission soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sammi! It's awesome to have so many people praying for us all over the country!

    I am truly humbled,

    Brian Pritchard

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can we buy wristbands? Prayers go out to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anybody want's wristbands then you can email Stacey and I's email address at pritchards3131@gmail.com Let us know how many you want and we will send them anywhere in the country right away! They are just $5 per band!

    ReplyDelete