Friday, November 5, 2010

F.A.C.!

Friday After Chemo - Today is a day sure to be filled with Sportscenter, naps, Cash Cab, more naps, stuffing envelops for the wonderful people that just purchased bracelets and doing it all from my Big Red couch! The Chemo is starting to kick in. I just got out of my 10th round on Thursday and am just now starting to feel the effects. I am use to all of the side effects by now (I'm a crafty veteran at this point) but I can feel them coming on. The side effects that I get most are fatigue (due to low blood counts) and a little bit of bone soreness (that comes from my shots of Neuprogen that my wife Stacey gives me to boost my white blood cell counts). I can tell the effects are setting in because yesterday I took 3 naps. They key is to just do whatever your body is telling you to do. If your feeling tired then just take a nap. Sportscenter is on for about 7 hours a day so if you take a few naps you won't miss much!

Stacey has been studying for her Comp Exam at DMU. It is a cumulative test over all that she has learned in her 2 and half years at DMU so far. She is definitely the brains of our little family and we will both be relieved once she graduates in May. We love DMU and the faculty and Stacey's class of DPT's (Doctorate's of Physical Therapy) have been so helpful to us during our journey. Even just this week we received food from many of Stacey's classmates! What a blessing you guys all are too us! Also many of her classmates bought bracelets in support of our fight! It means so much to Stacey and I, thank you all at DMU so much!

In other news I got a call yesterday from the writer who wrote the article about my Mother-in-law Sandy and Ricky Stanzi. He wanted a little bit more information about my situation and I was more than happy to give some background info. He told me that they are going to run the story in The Gazette on Saturday in their Game Day section! Thanks Marc for getting the word out and of course, GO HAWKS! Below is a link to a revised version of the story that he just came out with on Thursday:

http://thegazette.com/2010/11/04/just-try-and-ruin-my-day-few-more-details/


Bracelets are coming! I just had my good friend Quam order up some new one's because we have recently had a huge influx of people wanting them. I will be stuffing some in envelops and mailing them off today but some will have to wait until the new shipment comes in because we just ran out, sorry about that. But trust once we get the new shipment in they will be sent out and on your wrist in no time! Thanks for every one's support thoughts and prayers! It really means a lot to Stacey and I! We cannot thank you enough. Keep the prayers coming and let's kick this cancer's butt!!

God is Good Everyday!

Brian Pritchard

Also the bracelets have gone global, Below is a picture of my good friend Kendall's father, Colonel Conder who is wearing one over in Afghanistan. Thanks for the support and we certainly thank the many men and women of our military. Support our Troops!

3 comments:

  1. Just woke up from a 2 and half hour nap! It felt good to get some sleep this afternoon.

    Brian Pritchard

    Go Hawks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! So exciting about tomorrow's article, you're a celeb! Tell Stacey GOOD LUCK on her exam!

    Love,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so correct in listening to your body. It is good to hear about the article ythat will appear in tomorrows Gazette. It will certainly help spread the word. Take extra good care and I am thinking and praying for you constantly.

    With Love,

    Cousin Bridgett

    ReplyDelete