Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ricky Stanzi Is Wearing One Of My Bands

http://thegazette.com/2010/11/02/tuesday-talk-6/

Above is an article that the Gazette did about my beloved Hawkeyes and in it Ricky Stanzi talks about wearing one of my bands that my awesome mother-in-law Sandy gave to him on the field on Saturday after the Michigan State victory and everyone rushed the field. Here is the excerpt below. It's pretty AWESOME!!!! (Thanks to my buddies from work for finding this. It truly made my day!!!!)

Quarterback Ricky Stanzi’s helmet takes a beating.

“It’s always chaos when the fans rush the field,” Stanz said. “Sometimes, they’re more physical than the team, when they’re hitting you on the head. It’s insane.”

Last Saturday, Stanzi tossed a wrist band into the crowd. A boy caught it.

“I figure we have a ton of those laying around, why can’t he have one,” Stanzi said. “I’ll just bother the equipment manager to get a new one.”

And then, just before he was up the tunnel and out of the crush, a woman grabbed him and shoved a wrist band in his hands. He took it and he’s wearing it.

“She started yelling and said, ‘Can you wear this for my kid,’ ” Stanzi said. “I said, Yeah, sure.”

The band says, “Just try and ruin my day.”

“I don’t know what it means or who it’s for, but it’s on my wrist,” Stanzi said. “I told her I’d wear it, so I’d feel bad if I didn’t have it on.”


I love it!!!!

Brian Pritchard

11 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool man.

    I love the story of your wristband. Hang in there bud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Sandy for getting the band to Ricky! You rock Sandy!

    By the way my Chemo is going good and I should be done by about 4ish this afternoon. I am just going to rest the rest of the week at home until my counts go back up.

    I love you Stacey! Thanks for taking care of me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "how awesome"! Brian! I have been thinking of the two of you all day and I so hope things are going well. Sending prayers and lots of love your way.

    Cousin Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian,

    I hope you don't mind, I found Ricky Stanzi on facebook and sent him a message regarding your wristband. I think he would appreciate knowing what the wristband is all about. I hope he reads the same and doesn't delete my message. I titled it black and gold wrist band so here's hoping he reads the same.

    love you!

    Cousin Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian -

    This is soooo cool! I know it means a lot to you! Your strength amazes me everyday! Keeping kicking that cancer's butt!!! You and Stacey are in my thoughts everyday! :)

    Ashley Alm

    P.S. I am glad your cousin Bridgett found Ricki on Facebook, b/c I was actually tempted to find him myself and share with him the link to your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! Way to go Sandy!!! I can picture the scene.
    Gives me chills! Way to go Bridgett and get the
    word out as best we can.
    Take care Brian!
    Love,
    Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brian! This is SO exciting! The article is great! I'm glad the treatment is going well too!

    Love,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. bri guy-
    this is AWESOME! you affect more and more people-you rock buddy!

    ps-my mom and i have been going to a wednesday night bible study group for a couple months now and tonight i'm going to make a prayer request for you.

    talk to you soon,
    krystin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stacey's Mom also gave a bracelet to James Vandenberg too! Also my gave a bracelet to Kenan Davis through one of his relatives! She also sent a box of them to the team office.

    Go Hawks!

    What a fun day! It really takes your mind off of everything and let's me know what an amazing group of friends and family we praying for us. Even some people that we don't know! Thank you all so much!!

    Brian Pritchard

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME!

    This puts a huge SMILE on my face!

    Love you.
    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayers and positive thoughts coming to you from the quad cities! Keep fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete