Monday, November 1, 2010

Great start to a new week

Yesterday morning our friends Jordan and Chelsea convinced us to get out so we have brunch at Granite City. After that giant meal we didn't eat the rest of the day, but there is something about those delicious Carmel rolls that makes you put a smile on your face! It was nice to get out with them and enjoy the company of two great friends.

After brunch Brian and I hung out around the house and watched some NFL games. We had some good bonding time including Brian breaking down different plays. I can now run a post route, slant route, flag route, wildcat, and play action. All of course related to different Hawkeye players so I'm pretty sure I can now call plays. It was fun, may seem silly, but it was nice way to spend time together.

Sunday night we went to church. We go a little late and sneak in the back to avoid sitting in crowded people. You never realize how many germs are flying around until you are forced to cognitively be around. Every time I heard a cough or sneeze my shoulders tensed up because all I could think is what was now floating around in the air that could affect Brian. Next time we will just have to put him in a hazmat suit or a bubble, then I can roll him along HA! The sermon was very good and as always spoke VOLUME to us. God always has his way of making you sit down and listen to him and what he has to say. I hate not having CONTROL and hate not knowing God's plan for us, but that is the point of life. We aren't in control God is.

Today Brian got his counts checked and he was a GREEN light to forge ahead in treatment. We are waiting for insurance approval and as soon as that is given they will start his new chemo ASAP. The nice thing about his new chemo is that it will be give all outpatient. NO MORE HOSPITAL, although I love the staff at Powell 3 the idea of sleeping in my own bed (I mean my own living room floor- see previous posts)sounds amazing. Going to the hospital every 3 weeks was like a vacation with all the packing except for nothing fun. We will do a few rounds of this drug then do another scan, and see where we are at. I HATE SCANS! Brian got word today he was approved for his transplant in IC so as soon as we have a clear scan we can go to our new vacation home in IC. We won't make it down there in time for the rest of FB season so I guess we wont have to fight anyone for a view of the stadium.

I want to THANK everyone again for all their support. A special thanks to all my classmates who have helped us out tremendously by having a dinner schedule. We don't have to cook all week, which is nice because we both said this weekend we have no desire too (weird because we love to cook). It is very humbling to know that people are next to you on this journey. It is not a fun journey but we know we were chosen for a reason. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful to hear you are surrounded by TONS OF LOVE! I was also when going to my radiation treatments for 7 weeks. A former co-worker and her co-workers each took a day to transport me back and fourth to Webster City for my treatments and it was smack dab in the middle of winter. God was watching and made sure I only missed one day of treatment due to the weather and they just tacted it on at the end.

    You post today sounds encouraging and I know you have a bond with those at the Powell center, however, there really is no place like home.

    A classmate of mine is going through chemo at I.C. also, She is there on Fridays. If you run into a Tim or tammy T. from Fort Dodge I hope you get the chance to visit with them. Tammy has had 2 treatments thus far.

    I love how you enjoyed your day of football and received some good education. WHAT A HOOT!

    Keep up your enthusiasm and prayers galore are being said for you daily. You are first on my list after I thank the lord for my feet hitting the ground.

    Mucj love,

    Cousin Bridgett

    ReplyDelete