Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sleep, Football and Church!

Stacey and I had a good weekend just resting, watching football and today we even went to church. Church was packed today which is awesome but not as awesome for me and my blood counts. I'm not supposed to be around big crowds when my blood counts drop but we needed to go to church and the message (as always) was good to hear.

It has been a crazy week for us and what a pick me up it has been. I have been emailing, writing out thank yous and send out bracelets all weekend. If you ordered them and they don't come until later this month we did not forget about you we just are plum out of them right now. God is good and it is a good problem to have. We are very humbled with the amount of support, thoughts and prayers that are heading our way! We will get the bracelets out to you as soon as we can!

The Hawks... It was a tough win on the road and we are glad to come out of it with a W. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks we can turn those FG's into TD's and that way the end of the game won't be so stressful. :) Oh well a Win is a Win and we can't be mad about that. GO HAWKS!

Yesterday my stomach hurt but today I feel better. I am going to try to go back in to work tomorrow. We will see how I feel tomorrow. If my blood counts are too low then I might have to stay home. I have been really getting a lot of sleep the last 3-4 days after my Chemo and even took a little nap already today. I wanted to be sure to get it in early since my Chiefs play at 3 today! Go Chiefs! (As you can tell I am a sports fanatic!)

Thanks for your thoughts, prayers and support!!!

God is Good Everyday!

Brian Pritchard

GO HAWKS!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a game, it was. I'm thankful the remote didn't fly out of my hanfdand into the t.v. and what a heart-breaker for the Cyclones. I support both teams.

    Play it safe with going into work tomorrow. I admire your effort but you need to think about what is best for you.

    I'll send you more messages throughout the week.

    With Love,

    Cousin Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian & Stacey - I saw your article via the DMU website and wanted to send my well wishes. I too am a Hawkeye and Kansas City fan, while there was a bit of a disappointment there this weekend (and to the Raiders too!) overall still a great weekend. My family is familiar with the battle of cancer that you're going through, I think it's hard to find a family anymore who hasn't gone through it, which is a bummer. I think your GREAT attitude towards the battle is great! My cousin was the same way, always a smile and the strive to win against one of the most difficult medical battles there is today. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hopefully you'll be able to get your stock back up so we can all shout to the world "JUST TRY AND RUIN MY DAY!"

    ReplyDelete